Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Meditation" After Using the Bathroom

Hello, everyone! Here's wishing you Happy Thursday! It's summer as its best over Hampton Roads, with clear, blue sky and plenty of sunshine. And humidity, too! Thanks to God, our new AC units is doing or functioning so efficiently well.

While in the bathroom this morning, I was reading The Valyermo Chronicle of St. Andrew's Abbey in California. I've read a couple of interesting, enlightening articles in this publication. (Periodically, I receive this publication since I started helping the abbey there. It's worth supporting them financially---the Benedictine monks and men of God. I pray, God, bless them always! May they continue to serve and love you in all that they do!)

After using the bathroom in our (Master's) bedroom (my wife is still in bed in deep slumber), I thought about this "Meditation" while already sitting on a Queen Anne's chair by my bedside. Here's what I've just written or composed:

Meditation 

alone 
(in my mind)
 in a quiet room
seeking Peace
in a turbulent world
where there's noise
too much to bear
(or to take or to handle)
all around, outside
my own world
here, I long
for that elusive Peace
always on my mind
for so long
I've been feeling
void and hopeless
confused and frustrated
so desperate to live
to love to live freely
without being alone
amidst living with others
in this crazy, noisy world
so here I am
alone
seeking Hope
that I may be hopeful
to continue living, breathing
and doing what He wants me
to be, to do
while looking and longing for Love
to love me more
than myself
in harmony with Peace
and Hope
leading me 
to my Salvation
and eternal Happiness and Life.

copyright 2012 by chris a. quilpa

Thanks, folks, for your time with me. Take care and Have a fun-filled and safe summer, everyone! 







No comments:

Post a Comment