Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hello, April!

Hi, everyone! Good day to y'all! How are we all doing? Me? I'm thankful and glad to be alive and well. Thank God.

The "madness'"of March is gone, for sure, with cold and wintry, snowy weather. Nevertheless, we still have unpleasant events that happened here and there that remain to be solved or resolved such as the following: the mystery crash/disappearance of Malaysian Airline that up to this time we don't know what really happened, how and where it disappeared with a crew and passengers of about 240(?), the mudslide in Snohomish county in Seattle, WA, with over two dozens killed and a number of residents missing; the fiasco over the Affordable Health Care Act, aka Obamacare, the turmoil in Ukraine as a result of the takeover or invasion (?) of Cremea by Russian forces, political instability of other countries or other parts of the world, etc. I keep wondering and asking myself why, though. Despite the advances we have in technology, it appears to me that the world has more and more problems. Insurmountable and unresolved. And such "peace on earth" wish remains elusive and far from becoming a reality. Why? Just asking and wondering...

Now, the reality is seasons change. The much-anticipated springtime is here! Thank God. Hence, let's welcome and say Hello, April! Hope you're bringing us much fun, comfort and relief to our weary heart and soul. I'd like to think positive and optimistic that we'll get better, as a people of/with love and compassion, as days come and go...

What did I do and where did I go for the past days/week? Let me recall, folks and friends...Last week, I accompanied my young adult daughter, Tintin, to a local oral surgeon's office. She had her three wisdom teeth (that have been bothering her for weeks) extracted. Thank God, she's doing well and into full recovery soon.

The past weekend, we had a road trip to The Capital. In spite of a wet, rainy weekend, it didn't dampen our spirit to be excited to visit my young adult son Andrew and to watch him perform, with the rest of the cast, in the play "Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Mama's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feelin' So Sad" that Saturday evening. I enjoyed the show; we had a great time with the family. Sunday morning, after our breakfast in the hotel, we attended the 10:30 a.m. Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, in Washington, DC. After Mass, we had lunch there at the Food Court. Then, we said goodbye to Andrew and braved the nasty weather on our way back to Hampton Roads. Overall, we had a wonderful weekend together as a family.

Monday, I did have a couple of errands to make. After preparing the bills to be mailed, I went to the post office, with Tintin. Then we went to a store, bought some stuff, then ate lunch at Hardee's.

Yesterday morning at ten, I did go visit my former workplace (back in the days when I was U.S. Navy active duty), NMCP, where I had a follow up medical appointment. On the other hand, daughter Tintin drove herself to her follow up dental appointment. It was a long day for me at the hospital because I ended up having another doctor's appointment in the afternoon. So tired, hungry and exhausted I was that, on my way home, I stopped by at Totoy's Filipino restaurant to buy food to go. Arriving home, I ate my "brunch and early dinner" hot food. My, what a day it was! I needed that rest and respite so bad! But I'm glad, and so thankful to be alive and well...

Well, that's about it, for now. Until next time around, my dear folks and friends. (I have an errand to make. I have to pick up my prescription med refill.) Oh, before I forget, the photos...I've shared them to our Facebook folks and friends already. I'll see if I can embed some in this post. Otherwise, if you're interested to see them, visit my Facebook page under the name Fernando. (You and I can be FB friends.) How's that?

Thanks for reading/visiting my blog. Take care and Have a wonderful day! May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 02 April 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment