Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day*

Following is a simple poem, humbly dedicated to all mothers, especially to my loving wife, Freny, mother to my two young adult children, Andrew and Christine.

I wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. They truly deserve to be recognized and respected.

Mother Dear

Mother dear, I love you so.
Only you can love me true.
Teach me life in all you do.
Help me to live and to grow.
Ever faithful, ever true.
Rose of my life, that is you!

Dearest Mother, I love you.
Eternal God loves you, too.
Always there when I need you.
Rose of my life, that is you!

-Chris A. Quilpa, a North Suffolk resident, is a retired U.S. Navy veteran. He maintains a blog at onebuddingpoet/writer-chris.blogspot.com. Email him at chris.a.quilpa@gmail.com.

*Published in Suffolk News-Herald, print edition, Friday, May 09, 2014. For more information, visit www.suffolknewsherald.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment