Happy holidays! Merry Christmas!
It's that time of year again to celebrate and commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer! Happy birthday, Jesus! Thank you for coming into our lives.
It's time again to enjoy listening to Yuletide carols and looking at buildings (and houses) adorned with Christmas decorations, colorful electric lights, wreaths, Christmas trees and lanterns.
It's time again to send and receive Christmas cards with thoughtful greetings and best wishes. It's time to be festive and merry, generous and charitable, hopeful and grateful.
Today, I'm sharing a selection of greetings I've compiled through the years:
* May the wonder of Christ's coming and His blessings never cease to make this Christmas Day for you a time of joy and peace.
* May you know the love and wonder that the joyful Wise Men knew and rejoice in the gift of Christmas---Christ's peace and hope---for you.
* God's love is the Christmas spirit; God's grace is the Christmas cheer; God's peace is the Christmas blessing that lasts in the bright New Year. May your Christmas be peaceful!
* May the love and light of Christmas illuminate all your days, and throughout the New Year. May God's peace be in your heart always.
* On the night He was born, Mary held her baby in a tender embrace. On this Christmas, we keep the baby Jesus close to us, now and forevermore.
* Wishing you the precious gifts of joy, peace, and love this Christmas and always.
* Unto us is born a Savior who is Christ the Lord. May this angel's message---this Good News---fill your mind and your heart with that peace that only Christ can give.
* May the true meaning of the holiday season fill your heart and home with many blessings.
* The birth of a Savior! Such a wonder and glory has given the world a remarkable story. Merry Christmas.
* Let the sacred spirit of Christmas wrap your heart in warmth this holiday season.
* May the joy of Jesus' birth fill your hearts. May you live God's way of love, One for another, this Christmas and throughout the New Year.
* "Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people." Luke 2:10.
* May all the beauty and serenity of a special holiday season be yours.
* Thanking God for you. This Christmas, may your hearts be filled with love, your home be filled with peace, and your lives be filled with God's richest blessings.
* To a waiting world in silence, Christ came in deepest night, shattering clouds of darkness with love's pure radiant light.
* This Christmas and always, may your heart rejoice as you celebrate the miracle of our Savior's birth.
* Praising the Lord with you this Christmas and wishing you a new year full of blessings.
* May the simple joys of the season be yours now and throughout the New Year.
* Wishing that your heart and home be touched by the many joys that the holidays bring.
* Wishing you all the sparkle, all the magic, all the fun of the holiday season!
* May your Christmas and New Year be filled with special moments.
* During this wonderful time of year, may you be surrounded by family and friends.
* Wishing you and your family a beautiful holiday season and a new year of peace and happiness.
* May the miracle of Christmas fill your heart with joy and love.
* May all the wonders of nature brighten your holiday season and new year.
* Wishing all of you the warmth of sharing the beauty of caring, the joy of family---and wishing it with love.
* Warm thoughts, special moments, happy memories---wishing everything that brings you joy this Christmas.
* Warmest wishes for a happy holiday season! May your Christmas be bright and cheerful and your new year filled with joy, peace and prosperity.
* Keep Christ in Christmas, and share his message of peace, love and joy!
-Chris A. Quilpa, a retired U.S. Navy veteran, lives in Suffolk. Email him at email@example.com.
*Appeared in the Opinion page of the award-winning Suffolk News-Herald, Wednesday, December 23, 2015. For more information, visit www.suffolknewsherald.com