Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Visit to Hampton on A Shady, Showery Saturday

Hi, everyone! Thank God, we're alive and well...Hope that you're doing well, too, and having a wonderful weekend. And, hoping that you have had a lovely and memorable Valentine's Day yesterday.

My dear folks and friends, in spite of the cold, shady and showery Saturday weather in Hampton Roads, my wife Freny and I did go to Hampton this morning. Hampton, btw, is one of the cities in the Peninsula, in Hampton Roads. Its neighboring city is Newport News.

Why did we visit Hampton and what did we do there, you ask? Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's been months (or a year, maybe?) since I last visited the city famous for its NASA Langley facility/facilities where astronauts have trained, and continue to train, for space programs. For Freny, going to and from Hampton is almost a daily routine for her because she works there on weekdays. That's five days a week, unless they have a make up day for snow day/s, like this coming Monday, February 17, which is Presidents' Day, a federal holiday. Yes, we had a valid reason why we visited Hampton today. Let me tell you...

After passing through the historic Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bay Bridge-Tunnel to get to Hampton, we continued cruising I-664 'til we reached our destination. First, we stopped by at Carpet Gallery/Carpet One and talked to Woody regarding our flooring replacement project at home. Btw, he came to our house weeks ago and did some measurements inside. (This is in connection with water damage incurred by a busted (frozen) water pipe inside our house, by our formal dining room, on January 7th, causing flooding to our driveway, dining room, foyer, kitchen, family room, etc. That's why our house is such a mess downstairs. Besides, it's way colder on the first level because of those damaged laminated wooden floors and linoleum or vinyl floors that were stripped or removed.)

Anyway, after we've talked to Woody, Freny and I dropped by at Krispy Kreme where we bought a dozen assorted doughnuts. From there we decided to have lunch at Cracker Barrel. Mind you, we had to wait for about 20-25 minutes before we could be seated. Where have all the diners come from, this time? The restaurant-store was busy, full of diners/customers! We've eaten there long time ago...But it was worth the wait, though. I really enjoyed the food I ordered. (See the photos below.) In fact, we had seconds for that tasty vegetable soup, you know. Like home-cooked food, everything tasted so good. I loved that two-pieces baked fish. (Was it trout?) So delicious and fresh. Yummy!

Now, my folks and friends, here's sharing with you my photos, from our visit to Hampton today...

Texts and Photos (c) 2014 by Chris A. Quilpa

Well, this is all for now and until next time around...Thanks, everyone, for reading/visiting my blog. Take care and have a wonderful, peaceful weekend. May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 02.15.2014

No comments:

Post a Comment