Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

Yesterday's Fun; Today's Cool, Sunny and Bright

Happy Presidents' Day, everyone! Thank God, we're alive and well...

Sunday. Such was a relaxed and enjoyable day yesterday. First off, my daughter Tintin, wife Freny and I attended church worship services, both in our parish, St. Paul's Catholic, and at another Christian church in Norfolk where Tintin is a paid pianist (every other Sunday, unless otherwise indicated). After church, we dined out at Cracker Barrel then watched The Monuments Men in Chesapeake. (See the embedded photos below.) That's pretty much my Sunday. I had a great time, to sum it up. I enjoyed being in the church with others, listened attentively to the Good News and homily and sermon of both our parish's parochial vicar, Rev. Fr. Gino, and Rev. Dan, pastor of Bayview UCC. Likewise, I enjoyed my food at CB and the above-mentioned movie at Cinemark.

Today, Monday. It's Presidents' Day, a federal holiday. No work for majority of military and civilian employees. But not for Freny and her colleagues in her school. Although her school system observes Presidents' Day yearly, it's not gonna be today because it's a make up day for them, for the snowy days we have had weeks ago. If they missed school because of extreme weather condition such as snowstorm, they have to make it up for lost school days. And one of the make up days is today. In the case of my daughter Tintin, it's their holiday in the school where she's assigned as a college adviser. That's why, instead of going back to D-ville yesterday after church and lunch, she decided to go today. (See photos (of me and Tintin below) that I've taken before she left 757 for D-ville.) She did call me hours ago to let me know she has arrived there safe and sound. Thank God.

Well, what did I do this cool, sunny Monday, while the sky is bright blue and clear? I did take a walk in my backyard and a little stretching, too. Then, after "brunch," I prepared something for our dinner. I boiled black-eyed peas with onion and greens, and a with can of salmon sardines. Simply yummy!
But, of course, after cooking, it's chow time for me. Thank God.

This is all for now. Until next time around...Thanks, everyone, for reading/visiting my blog. Take care and have a nice day. May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 02.17.2014

Yesterday's Photos...


 Lunch at Cracker Barrel in Chesapeake, after attending Sunday church worship services.












 After lunch, we watched The Monuments Men at Cinemark in Chesapeake.


 Photos below were taken from our backyard, after church, lunch, and the movie yesterday.



 Today, Monday's photos...taken before Tintin left 757 for D-ville at noontime.





 Photos of me doing a little stretching in our messy kitchen...yay!








Texts and photos (c) 2014 by Chris A. Quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment