Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

On American Idol 2012, Et Cetera

TGIF (Thanks to God, It's Friday), everyone! As always, we're glad and thankful to be alive. Thank you, Jesus!

I don't know what to say but I'm relieved that Season 11 of the American Idol 2012 is over! I've viewed, re-viewed their videos on YouTube, watched them perform on TV, and listened to their music with gusto. I'm sure you, folks, have also watched the show's Finale two days ago. I know, you and I have had expectations as to who the winner was. Personally, I would have wanted Jessica to win. (Admittedly, I tried to rally behind her by encouraging other members of my household to vote for her, which we did, via our cell phones and Facebook.) I strongly believed she has the singing prowess and versatility. But I, for one, would say then that Jessica and Phillip are both winners in their own ways. And, I have to accept the overall voters' choice because this reality TV show is a popularity competition. That is, whoever is the most popular, in term of votes, wins. And Phillip Phillips apparently garnered the most number of votes. Hence, he's the recipient of the American Idol 2012 trophy! I'd like to congratulate them both, nevertheless. Congratulations, Phillip and Jessica! I wish you both success in your singing careers.

My observation/s:  Both the two finalists, 16-year old Californian Jessica Sanchez and 21-year old Georgian Phillip Phillips, gave their best for the overall duration of the competition. Both singers have different styles and genres in singing. Though he sings with lower tones, (compared to Jessica's different vocal range, from mid to high notes), Phillip has a unique way of singing, like the singer/songwriter Dave Matthews. Jessica, on the other hand, sings old songs (i.e., songs of Etta James, Otis Redding, Jennifer Holliday, Billy Joel) that I'm not familiar and haven't heard them before but sang them beautifully. She sang songs of divas the like of Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, and Alicia Keys, Gloria Estefan, Jennifer Hudson, and pop star legend Michael Jackson, etc. She sang their songs with such passion, intensity and energy. Phillip and Jessica are both good singers and performers. Both are talented and humble, too. I like their duet during the Finale, their rendition of Up Where We Belong. Their voices blended well. I thought they did great in that performance. Once again, congratulations to Phillip (as the American Idol 2012 winner) and Jessica (as AI 2012 runner up)! May God bless them and their respective families!

Well, it's Friday today! What can I say but thanks to God. We're looking forward to the Memorial weekend. And, yes, we're celebrating our daughter Tintin's collegiate (scholastic) achievement. Tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon is her graduation party. That means, we have to prepare for our friends and guests and visitors alike. We've already sent the invitation cards/letters and done the ordering of food to be served. We're still doing some stuff for the house. But overall, I think, we're almost there, getting ready for the celebration. Invited? But, of course, you're all invited to the party, my friends! Come one, come all! We''re glad and thankful to have you. No, I'm not kidding! Come on over and let's have a party, and have fun and celebrate with us.

This is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!-chris a. quilpa, 25May2012





No comments:

Post a Comment