Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer Colds?

I felt it last night
my throat hurts
and, I couldn't fall asleep
even in different positions
while in bed with eyes shut.

I felt like something-someone
is scratching my throat
and, I tried to find the reason why
I have this colds symptom
with teary eyes, now...
Ah, forget this silly idea
I have colds, period.

It just happens
whatever season we have
what can I do but go
to the restroom and blow
my runny nose...
numerous times already
and it's annoying me
my, what the heck
my nose is getting stuffy
and I'm having phlegm
from my soar throat!

Back to bed
and tried to sleep again
sideways, flat on my back
back and forth
back and forth
but, I couldn't get myself
to slumber, why?

This sore throat I have
this colds is bothering me
robbing me of my sanity
to sleep, to rest.

I just lay down
now with body pain
whether I can sleep
or not, and before I know it
dawn is breaking!

I feel tired this morning
but decided to take a shower
a lukewarm shower, and
a quick one, how's that?
just to see if my nose
and lungs are cleared.

But, the cold symptoms
they're adding up...
I'm sneezing again
and having headache
coughing, too, you know
why, I don't know!

Adding to my discomfort
unbearable, the weather is
so hot and humid outside
that the heat index, you know
already in the triple digit, whoa!

Summer colds, anyone?

copyright 2011 by chris alibin quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment