Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Saturday Blues

(Note: I wrote this post early Saturday morning, 30 July 2011. But, I didn't publish it right away. It just remained a draft until I decided to publish it today, Monday, the 1st of August, 2011.)

Since I couldn't sleep anymore, I woke up so early at three, this Saturday morning. I had to use the restroom in our bedroom. My wife, I believe, has fallen asleep downstairs. My nose is dripping and I have to wipe and blow them. My right side of my face/head is sore and the pain is dull but annoying. Thanks to my wife for buying me a box of soft Softelle tissue paper. I've been consistently wiping off my achy, runny nose. My whole body is sore, I'm becoming irritated going back and forth to the restroom to dump my trash, tissue paper that's wet and crumpled from blowing my nose. My getting up and down on bed is tiresome and I feel a little dizzy, too. What's this summer colds, this viral invasion to my upper respiratory tract has done so far! I'm unable to go back to sleep. I couldn't fall asleep when I have stuffy nose on one side while the other is runny and dripping almost every now and then.(As I write this blog entry, my nose is dripping and I can't hep it but to blow it to clear it, this watery-clear exudate.)

I was about to go downstairs to prepare myself a cup of hot Theraflu but, thanks to God, my wife came up to our room informing me she and her sis fell asleep on the recliners in our family room. I told my wife my intention. She volunteered to go down and prepare for my hot drink of Theraflu. I went downstairs, anyway. And, she handed me over a pack of a Dash of Salt Ritz crackers and told me to eat some prior to drinking my Theraflu. I said, thanks Doc, as I went up back to our room. In a few minutes, she's in our room while I have to finish my Theraflu. I have been sitting on a chair on my bedside, while she tries to get some sleep. I envy her because she can easily fall asleep. Yes, she doesn't have a problem falling asleep! Me? Oh my, that's one of my concerns nowadays. I'm a light sleeper, you know. My ears are so sensitive that I can hear a slight noise or a conversation. That's why I feel so tired if I don't get at least five to seven hours of sleep a day. I know, that's part of growing old which is inevitable. Anyway, I've got to utilize my time while letting that Theraflu in my system stay in. Besides, I feel bloated already. yes, I feel full. That means, I can't lay down with a stomach that's full. I have had to wait for at least thirty minutes before I hit bed. Meantime, as I've mentioned, I have had to utilize my time. In between blowing my nose, bringing used tissue paper to the trash can in our restroom, I found myself logging into this laptop that my son lent me to use. So here I am, jotting down these lines you, folks, are reading right now.

My wife, meanwhile, is in her slumber, while I continued to write my blog. But, this bug, this summer colds, that I now have is  becoming disruptive and uncomfortable to me. It's still in its peak and I'm getting frustrated and sickly. Now, I feel tired and like resting my back in bed. Well, I have to satisfy my eyes that are getting heavy. Thanks to God, I finally feel sleepy. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment