Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Into Recovery Mode

As expected, I'm feeling much better today than yesterday or the past three days. Yes, I'm into recovery mode. Slowly but hopefully. Here's a revelation: I got myself confined to our room, just like an inpatient in a hospital. I  don't have any qualms about it. In fact, I prefer it this way rather being out there in the open, interacting with other members of my family and, possibly, passing on the bug to them. I don't want them to get sick.  I'd rather be the one than they would.

Since Friday, I've been staying in our room. Thankfully, we have a restroom or a full bathroom in our bedroom. My doting wife is the one who has been patiently preparing and bringing my food up into our room. This is what I truly call "room service with care," no doubt. And with that, I can't thank her enough for showing her love and kindness and generosity to me. Thanks to God for having her in my life for the past 25 years, and counting, and for being the loving mother to our two young adult children. Only God knows how much I love her.

What have you been doing, in solitary confinement, in our room? Aren't you get bored? These are legitimate questions you may probably ask me. Well, I don't feel bored. I just feel tired, at times. That's why I rest or lay my back, in between sitting, on a Queen Anne's chair on my bedside doing some stuff, i.e., writing post for my blog, like this one; reading, watching TV, listening to NPR (National Public Radio), I can't be bored. As I've mentioned, I can only get tired. And, if I fall asleep while in bed, the better I would rather be. I know, I need to rest to recover quickly. Thanks to God that our air conditioning unit in the house is functioning well, especially now that we're in the midst of sweltering, sizzling, scorching summer in the East Coast. It's quite a relief, too, to note that we have each a ceiling fan in all of our four bedrooms upstairs, in addition to our family room downstairs. I know how uncomfortable it is not have an A/C in our house, or if there's no power, when there's a strong storm visiting our place. My family and others in our area have experienced it---hot and humid inside our house. And, we have got to rely on just fanning ourselves using newspapers or magazines, and candles for light. I can imagine how hard and difficult their situation is for those who don't have (working) A/C. It must have been quite uncomfortable for them, especially those who are elderly or ill, or have disability. But, I hope and pray that they find comfort and ease knowing that they are vulnerable.

I woke up to a call from my cell phone this afternoon, while resting or taking a nap. I thought it was my wife calling. No, it was my sister from the West Coast. Thanks to God. (It's been a while that I haven't called her.) She wants to know if the weather over here is still hot and humid, and how my family and I are doing. Well, I told her the truth that I've been having summer colds since Friday. Still hot and humid over here, I added. But, she was very happy to know that I'm getting much better already. You know, my older, loving, and caring sister and I are very close and that we have an open communication. We share each other our family stories and problems, and we understand one another. She is always there, ready to listen and help me and our other siblings, if we have problems. Like a  mother, she's always looking for our welfare, even though we're thousand and thousand miles away from one another. She cries with us if we have heard bad news. she laughs with us if we have good, pleasant news to share with one another. That's how she is---my ever-loving and caring big sister. May God bless her and her family always! I know, it's been a long, long time again, that we haven't seen each other. It's good that I took the initiative last time (three years ago?) to visit her and our other sister and their families, and other relatives in the Bay Area.

Well, I have to sign off now. I feel tired and I need to rest my back. Until next time around, folks. Thanks for your time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment