Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Feeling Much Better, But My Wife?

I got up from bed at 0354, this Wednesday morning, to use the restroom. But, when I was about to go, my wife woke up and interrupted me. I  guess she wants to empty her bladder. She said, "can I go first?" Well, what can I say but okay. So, I waited while she rose up, and walked to the restroom. Emptying her bladder, she reminded me to wake her up at nine-thirty AM to prepare herself for her summer tutorial work in her school which she started Monday. I said okay, again. Then, she was mentioning that she may have caught the bug already that's why she has taken Theraflu prior to going to bed last night. Oh, no, I remarked. I hope not. I'd rather be the one to get sick than she is. I don't want any member of my family to get sick this summer. Except me, of course. Thanks to God, I'm doing much better now, although I still have a trace of the symptoms in my system. But not as bad as the past three days.

After using the restroom, she and I both returned to bed. While trying to get back to sleep, I did pray the holy rosary, silently. My wife, on the other hand, has already fallen asleep. Yes, she can easily fall asleep. I truly admire her for she doesn't have a problem at all falling asleep. After my prayer, I dosed off to slumber land. Thanks to God!

Our room was getting brighter when I opened my eyes. I noticed that the sun was up in glowing golden hue. Noticeably, too, was that our room was getting warmer. My wife was still sleeping, that time. I decided to get up, thinking of watering our fruit trees in our backyard. I checked the time on our wall clock. It's almost 9;00 o'clock in the morning. I let my wife sleep some more, while I changed my sleepwear to short, cargo khaki pants and a long-sleeve cotton green shirt.Then, I slowly but quietly left our room to go downstairs.

Downstairs, I opened the curtains and drapes. (I supposed that my sis-in-law did turn off the lights outside and in our living room before she went back up to her room.) Likewise, I changed the date in that wooden blocks/pieces of calendar (which I purchased from Baguio City) displayed in our living room. I also turned on the radio that's below this wooden calendar display. It's set on the classical music radio station of WHRO, a local public radio/TV in Norfolk affiliated with NPR and PBS. Then, while I walked my way to our kitchen, I turned on the other radio in our family room, tuned in to NPR (National Public Radio), based in Washington, D.C. There in the kitchen, I put on my old, working rubber shoes, one that I always use each time I do yard work.

Outside, in our deck/backyard, it's bright and lovely, and a little warm, but not yet that hot and humid. Just perfect to be outside in the morning, to get some Vitamin D from the early sunshine. There, I turned on the faucet/water outlet with a long hose attached to it. And, I started watering our fruit trees. I started with our ten foot-high pear tree that has at least a dozen grown fruits in it. I sprinkled its leaves and branches and its fruits. Then, I went on to the next, an apple tree beside the pear tree. This yellow apple tree has also fruits, a dozen, that are not ready to be picked or harvested, but a couple of them has been eaten by insects (or fruit flies?) as evidenced by those black spots on them. Like the pear tree, I also sprinkled its leaves, branches and fruits. then, its trunk. I moved on to the next apple tree. this one is fruitless. I don't know why it doesn't have fruits this year. Unlike last year that it had several fruits. I guess, it's because of the strong (wind) storm we've had before the end of spring that the flowers and buds of it were blown away or fell. On the other hand, another apple tree we have in our backyard, a dwarf red apple tree, has fruits in clusters. But not as many as last year's, too. We also have a nectarine tree, but no fruits. It has a couple of fruits before the start of spring. I guess they were all blown away, too, during that strong storm. Anyway, I watered them all, our fruit trees in our backyard. How much I wanted to have a big shady tree in our backyard, unlike the one we have in our other house, our first house (now a rental property) which is not too far from where we are. (It takes four-five minutes to go there.) Over there, we have a big, shady, maple tree in our backyard, in addition to a very fruitful pear tree and a yellow apple tree, and a peach tree.

I was already sweaty when I finished watering our fruit trees. What a relief when I got in the house! I took off my shirts, used them like a towel to wipe my body, back and front, and my armpit. Then, I prepared my breakfast---a cup of cereal with milk. Then, went back up to our room. I hate to wake my wife up but I did have to. I have to do what she told me to do. It's past 9:30 AM.

As she was preparing herself (using the restroom, changing her clothes, and getting ready to go to her tutorial job), I started eating my cereal while watching TV. She went to my drawer. I was surprised. I didn't hesitate to ask why she was opening my drawer. Aware that I was half-naked (I didn't wear shirt, but I have  towel over my shoulder.) She was getting a pair of shirt for me. I thanked her for handing over my green T-shirt as she inched her way out of our room to go downstairs. "I'll be back," she said, "to get the trash in our restroom." Okay, I said.

She came back up and, before I knew it, she was already giving me a hug, saying she has to go now. Okay, take care and drive safely, I said., as I reciprocated her hug. I love you, too, I said.

Well, I just hope and pray that my wife doesn't have that bug. I don't want her to get sick, as I've said. I'd rather be the one to get sick than she does. Thanks to God, I'm feeling much better, but she? I know she has a stronger immune system than I do. But, I don't know. Please, God, don't let her get sick, okay? I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and see what happens. This is all for now. I'm signing off. Until next time around. Have a nice day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment