Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

Living Each Day with Prayer and Thanksgiving

Good Monday, everyone! I'm still here, around, trying to live and enjoy each day/the present moment simply well, with my Faith. Thank God, we're doing good. Let's bundle up and keep warm, everyone! Winter weather is still with us. Let's pray for those homeless in our midst that they find shelter and comfort. May God bless us all.

How are you all doing, btw (by the way)? Hope you're doing great, in spite of the winter weather we have. I can't complain, though. I'm glad and thankful that we have had a taste of snow last week. Overall, I believe, we received 2-3 inches of snow accumulated in our area. (I took a couple of pictures of the event for posterity's sake.) As of now, we still have white spots in our deck by our backyard, while all the roads and streets are completely cleared of snow.

What's up with me lately? Well, aside from attending Mass on Sunday/s and eating out after Mass with my wife Freny and sis-in-law Rose, I've been engrossed with praying the Holy Rosary almost everyday (to the point that I even invite FB friends to do the same, encouraging them to visit www.comepraytherosary.org),  watching some videos of YouTubers (or vloggers as they're called) that I stumbled with. Likewise, I read, and at times share to Facebook friends, articles and insightful photos posted on Facebook and by Catholic bloggers that I follow on a regular basis. I prepare meals for dinner, on most weekdays. I listen to NPR (National Public Radio) almost daily, and watch TV newscast. That's basically it. As I've said over and over, I just try my best to live (and to try to enjoy) the present moment simply well, thankful for all of God's blessings to me and my family.

As a retired veteran US Navy serviceman, since 2005, I just try to take it easy each day and do what I can to be useful to others (despite my having medical/physical concerns/issues). With what I have, I try to enjoy life even if I know that it's not that easy, at times, to do, especially when you're in constant pain or managing a chronic bodily/lower back pain. The present moment is what matters most to me, as I keep on saying all the time. I'm not worried about tomorrow. And neither yesterday, especially. Why? Because I know that yesterday is gone. It's done. We can't undo what happened yesterday, can we? That's true. To me, yesterday is but a passing scene, an adventure, another day that slipped by in one's life with all its perks, problems, and unfulfilled promises. I live now. That's what matters. I have to make the most of today, this very moment. How? By living the present moment simply well, with my faith, with Him, my true friend. Vivat Jesus!

My dear folks ans friends, this is all for now. I thank you for all that you do to make our world safer and peaceful. Take care and have a nice day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 28January2013




No comments:

Post a Comment