Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

Poetic Reflections on the First Friday of 2013

Happy First Friday of 2013, everyone! TGIF(Thank God, It's Friday)! Glad and thankful we're alive and well! Thank you, God and Jesus, and Holy Spirit, and Mother Mary! St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Patron Saint of Catholic Schools, pray for us!

About two hours ago this morning, I invited our Facebook friends to join me in praying the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of Jesus our Lord and Savior, and our Heavenly Mother, too. I hope someone out there did pray, too.

Since there's plenty of sunshine today, Friday, over Hampton Roads, though it's winter and cold, I got out (of our house) and began walking around by our spacious wooden deck in our backyard. There's frost on the ground and the air was so fresh and clean, with the clear, blue sky above me. I feel blessed and lucky to be out there under the sun! So thankful to God that I'm alive and well.

I tried to capture the mood and the moment while I was outside. And so, my dear folks and friends, here's sharing with you what I have scribbled this morning after that stroll in my backyard, in Haiku style...

                                                         Haiku on the First Friday of 2013

Blue sky over me
sunlight so bright I can see
all around...beauty!

The sky above me
so blue, so clear, and so high
that I feel so small!

With the sun, I see
everything surrounding me
the beauty of God!

There's peace and calmness
when it's winter but sunny
I know, God loves me!

Sunlight and clear sky
Canadian geese on school ground
trees, houses stand still.

Leafless trees are calm
their limbs, branches extended
as if they're praying!

So quiet and still
outside only me walking
under sun and sky!

I feel blessed and well
witnessing God's creation
me, the sun and sky!

Breathing cool, fresh air
while in the open with Him
I've nothing to fear!

Thank God, I'm alive
living the present moment
with my Faith in me!
  
(c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

This is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and Have a wonderful weekend, my dear folks and friends! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 04Jan2013

No comments:

Post a Comment