Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Another Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

Today, Thursday, is another beautiful day, like yesterday and the day after. It's another springtime-weather day. Thank God! I think I'm ready for Spring, my favorite season of all seasons. (At least, I've got a taste of snow this winter last week. that's when we got two-three inches of snow in our area. Truly a winter wonderland, it was!) Yes, it's the last day of the month of January. What can I say but enjoy and have fun, guys! Today is such a lovely "springtime" day, though it's still wintertime!

Since we have such an awesome and amazing weather today in Hampton Roads, with plenty of sunshine, like yesterday, I took the initiative again (like yesterday) to go out and stroll around the neighborhood. That is, after using the restroom and praying the Holy Rosary before 9:00 o'clock this morning. I didn't go that far around our subdivision this time because it's a little chilly/windy today, and a little cooler than yesterday. Unlike yesterday, I didn't see fellow walkers or strollers Gladys and Josefa today. (Yesterday, we had a little chitchat by the pedestrian side, exchanging pleasantries. These older black women are amazing because despite their age they still can manage to stay fit. I personally appreciate of what they're doing for themselves. And they're such inspiring and decent human beings.)

Anyway, after 30-40 minute of strolling around the neighborhood, I continued my physical conditioning right at my backyard, by our open, spacious wooden deck overlooking the elementary school playground. I did a little aerobic exercise, i.e., push ups, stretching, jogging, under the sun. Just to get sweaty a little bit. What a feeling! Being outside on a clear, blue sky with plenty of sunshine, by our wooden deck doing physical conditioning, on a springtime-weather like this, OMG, it's worth more than you can imagine! I feel good and fortunate, though. I'm thankful to God that I'm alive and well, and enjoying this beautiful, peaceful day outside. Thank you, Lord, for everything, all that I see, feel, and hear today---the bright warm sun, clear, azure sky, the leafless trees, the houses of different colors, personalities; the fresh, mild-pleasant air, the breeze, the birds, the flock of calm Canadian geese on the school playground, and the serenity around me. The only thing that's physically missing in my sight is a natural body of water, like a lake or a river, and/or a rugged mountain. But, I can always imagine, can't I? Yes, I can, for I'm still alive and can always dream. What a lovely, peaceful community/world we have!

What's for breakfast after that workout this morning? It's simply cereal (Kashi's Golden Goodness, Crispy Seven Whole Grain Flakes & Oat Clusters) with milk (Organic Valley's Reduced Fat Milk 2%) and a piece of banana. Yummy! Now, speaking of eating breakfast or meals, I've heard, and read Health articles, about the importance of eating breakfast every morning, that we should not/never miss it. Well, I always bear this info in mind. But, you know what, since 2005 when I retired from work, I don't always follow this info because, at times, I just eat two full meals a day, with snacking in between, of course. Nowadays, I just eat "brunch" (late breakfast, early lunch) and dinner. That's it.

Why I don't eat breakfast everyday? Well, let me explain. As a "young" retired person (with sorts of permanent physical disability, Service-connected/related), I don't have or follow set of routine schedule each day, with the exception of taking my prescribed medicines daily, one for the morning and one before bedtime. Since I don't work profitably anymore, I just chill out each day, contented with whatever life offers me. In short, I'm free, just trying to live and enjoy life simply each day, grateful for whatever comes my way, and stress-free as much as possible. There are times that I don't feel like eating something in the morning. Especially early morning when I'm still in bed. I can stay in bed for a longer period of time, unless it's time to use the restroom, you know. No pressure at all. Hence, no stress. But, I prepare something for dinner if I'm in the mood or if I feel like cooking or doing it. Don't get me wrong. I love to cook and to eat, too. I like to learn to cook other dishes/recipes that I haven't tried before. Actually, the past months, I've been into using the oven, doing baking simple cakes, from boxes of cake mix, of course. I'm still learning, though.

Now, what's for dinner today? I haven't figure it out. We still have some left-over pasta that I've cooked days ago. I've started cooking rice (steamed rice), while I'm "cooking" this blog post up. Anyway, I've got to sign off now. What can I say but it's just another beautiful day today. Thank God!

My dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Thanks for your company. Until next time around. Take care and have a nice day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 31January2013





No comments:

Post a Comment