Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Product of My Imperfection: A Poem

(Note: I'm not alone with this experience, I'm very sure. I know that others have experienced insomnia (or symptoms of it) in their life. Well, this early Wednesday morning, at about three, I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep until almost our alarm-clock-radio (set on at six, each morning) sounded off. So, what I did, while my wife was dozing off, was to do something productive, I think. Here's A Product of My Imperfection.)

A Product of My Imperfection

At three
early Wednesday morning
while half of the world were asleep
while the other half were busy and noisy
I woke up unintentionally
I couldn't sleep 
I couldn't get back to Slumberland
my senses were fully awake
my eyes were wide open
my ears could hear all the silence
all the sounds of crickets outside
the soft noise around me and my world
my heartbeat, my wife's regular breathing 
and mine, and sounds of gadgets in the house
and engines of cars, I believe, rolling down the freeways.

I feel tired but not weak
and not sleepy anymore
this early Wednesday morning
past wee hours or before daybreak.

I pondered, why is this happening to me
at this time where there's peace and quiet
on this very first day of August
I don't know...
but I have to get up
to capture my early morning thoughts
hence, this composition
a product of my imperfection?

Before six
I laid my back 
next to my wife
shhh...quiet, now, please
my eyes so heavy now
thanks, good God... 
bye, and see you all later
when the sun is up 
there, smiling at my window pane.

Good morning, everyone!

@0332, 01August2012 (c) chris a. quilpa







No comments:

Post a Comment