Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Two Poems

(Note: While blogging or writing this blog post, I've been listening/watching to musical performances of current and last year's American Idol tour concerts. Many thanks to those video uploaders. And, as usual, thank you, YouTube, and Google/Blogger.)

Happy Wednesday, everyone! How are we all doing this time of the year? How's summer treating you nowadays? So far so good, huh? Good. Ah, I didn't realize, it's first day of August today! Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Jesus! We've made it this far. Thanks to God, we are alive and doing well, despite all what's happening in our world.

Tuesday yesterday, being the last day of the month of July, I found myself scribbling the two poems below while in our (Master's) bedroom, alone. (FYI: My sis-in-law, my wife and our daughter were out. My young adult son is still in DC, busy with his work.) Looking out from one of the windows in our room that's open, as always the case especially if it's bright and sunny outside, I saw these meek creatures by the school playground. Ten of them, to be exact, in one group, just there in the newly-mowed school playground. They were all together as one flock, one family, unperturbed by the outside world.

I was experiencing uneasiness, yesterday afternoon, while trying to manage my stomach discomfort. (Due in part, possibly, from the food I ate from late brunch.) With tea in mind, I went downstairs. I "nuked" (heated on the microwave) a cup of tap water for two minutes and thirty seconds. Once done, I dipped in a small bag of tea on the hot cup of water. After a couple of seconds, I set aside that small soaked bag of tea which I could use it again later. Then I went back upstairs to my room, taking a sip one at a time while watching a Thai movie (with English subtitle, of course) on YouTube. Thanks to these amazing video uploaders for sharing their videos to us, the public. Hence, my second poem was created, in between watching the movie and drinking my cup of tea. Eventually, I had two cups of hot, but smooth, tea. Can you believe it? Thank you, God, for tea!

Here are my two poems I'd like to share with you all. And, thanks for having time reading this blog post:

The Canadian Geese

there
they are
ten of them
in the school playground
walking
trotting together
unaware of anything 
in their own world
this summery Tuesday afternoon
meek
and peaceful
like a flock
doing what they do
searching for anything possibly available 
to keep them alive, well and going
in this complicated and competitive life-world
where they roam and play, fly all day
while learning anything about everything in the world
now.

(c) 2012 by chris a. quilpa

Two Cups of Tea

two cups of tea
hot but smooth
were enough to calm me
down on my nerves and guts
so uncomfortable was I 
anxious and uneasy
about everything I see everyday
that makes me wonder and wander
and think critically (and quizzically)
but thanks God for tea
relieved I am and free
and not bothered so much now
about anything that is happening
(beyond my control)
for life is too short to always worry
when there's nothing that you can do
to stop the ebb and flow of life
and the changes and challenges that are taking place
everywhere you go...

two cups of tea make my day/life easy, you know.

(c) 2012 by chris a quilpa




No comments:

Post a Comment