Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Of My New (Boot Camp) Haircut and Celebrities, Jessica Sanchez, Charice

A pleasant Saturday  to all of you, friends! Hope and pray you're doing well, if not great, this springtime.

This morning, I came across a couple of videos on YouTube while contemplating on what to write or talk about here in my blog. I was about to start with that initial reaction of or comment made by my wife when she arrived yesterday afternoon from her school-work and saw me with my clean-shaven head. "Wow, Bembol Roco!" That's what she said when she was surprised to see me with my new military or "Boot Camp" haircut. She asked me what in the world I was thinking that I have had to "revisit" my early U.S. Navy days back in San Diego, CA, with my "Navy-induction" haircut? I just smiled and said, "Yes, I did it, finally! I've long wanted to have this haircut, again!" Well, does she like it? She doesn't have any choice but to accept my "new" look, haircut. I think I look good. Thanks to God.

(By the way, Bembol Roco is an award-winning Filipino actor who has played the role of Kumar in the Australian-U.S film "The Year of Living Dangerously" (1982), with Mel Gibson, Sigiourney Weaver, Linda Hunt, and Kuh Ledesma (another Filipino actor-singer/pop diva).

Now, going back to the videos I mentioned above. One of them is about this vlogger/video uploader Australian? guy who, I presume, is an avid fan of Filipino YouTube sensation and pop singer Charice Pempengco. I watched and listened to him discussing about, and comparing American Idol finalist Jessica Sanchez (a U.S. citizen whose Mom is originally from the Philippines, and her Dad, a U.S. Navy veteran, of Mexican ancestry) and Charice (a Philippine-born singer). I believe that what he (pjwhyte75) was saying has some truth in it about becoming a famous or successful singer in the U.S. See and hear for yourself, folks. Any comment/s? Raction/s? Feedbacks?

Anyway, from this video, I became more interested in knowing and listening more about AI (American Idol) finalist Jessica Sanchez (although I've seen and heard her perform and compete in a couple of editions of American Idol via Fox channel. I'm mesmerized at her singing performances on some videos on YouTube. Man, she has a powerful and beautiful voice! Indeed, she's one of the finest young pop singers to date. I like her renditions of the late Whitney Houston's songs. I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that she'll definitely be a successful recording star, like Charice! Kudos, Jessica, and more success and power to you! I wish you all the best and hopefully you'll be the next American Idol, Season 11 winner. hang in there, Jessica and give your best every time you perform. God bless you always!)

Like Charice, who competed and won in various singing competitions in the Philippines, Jessica did compete in America Got Talent when she was eleven years old. Although she didn't win, she continued pursuing her dream to be a professional singer. That's why she's in the current American Idol, Season 11 competition . Here are a couple of videos from YouTube that I'd like to share with you, friends. I don't know if you've seen them but I'm just as delighted as you are, I'm sure, to listen to her. (No, I don't own the videos. No copyright infringement intended.) I thank the uploaders of the videos, and, as usual, thanks YouTube, American Idol, Google, and Blogger, and Wikipedia for all the information afforded to us all. Again, Good luck and I wish you, Jessica, all the best! May God bless you and your family!

Well, folks, this is all for now and until next time around. Thanks for your time, my friends. Take care and have a blessed and fantastic weekend, everyone! God bless us all!-chris a. quilpa, 21April2012


No comments:

Post a Comment