Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

We're Imperfect; We Co-Exist

Good Tuesday, everyone! Hope you're doing well as I do. Thank God, we're alive and well...blogging again.

(NOTE: This piece was written at Tintin's apartment in D-ville while I was about to finish eating oatmeal for breakfast @1015 today, Tuesday, 27 August 2013. Initially, I had I See Myself in You as my original title of this piece. What changed? I don't know. It's probably the new title seems more universal, I guess.)

I See Myself in You; We Co-Exist

I see myself in you.
Silly, playful, inquisitive, cautious
Serious, sensitive, moody, grumpy, at times
Funny, hilarious, uninhibited, nerdy, sometimes
Pretentious, clever, observant, sensible
Though you and I are different
Because we're imperfect, we co-exist.

You also see yourself in me.
Reactionary, impulsive, explosive, coy
Dreamy, ambitious, curious, caring
Longing, lingering, secretive, livid
Docile, sectarian, private, factual
Though I and you are similar
We're different in thoughts and ideas
Because we're imperfect, we co-exist.

I see myself in you.
Disgusted, frustrated, dull, down, sometimes
Repulsive, compulsive, hype, hot and cool
Dry, indecisive, careless, meditative
Intuitive, unassuming, judgmental at times
Though you and I are unique
We're the same in name and game
Because we're imperfect, we co-exist.

Copyright 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment