Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2013

Yesterday's...and Today's...Kids are Home!

TGIF! Thank God, It's Friday! Yes, it's a day before a wonderful weekend! Thank God, we're alive and well, and blogging again.

Yesterday, Thursday morning, Freny and I did go to our appointment at NMCP where we saw one of the healthcare providers. No, she wasn't a doctor but a nurse practitioner (NP) who saw us. She saw Freny first, per schedule. It's that yearly well-women check up, I heard... After thirty minutes or so, she got me. But, of course, she showed sign of competence and professionalism despite her limited knowledge of medicine. From the IM department, we went down to the first floor where we had our blood drawn at the Lab Department. (Based on the input she "gathered" from me, the NP requested a lab test for me to make sure "you're not anemic?" Anemic? She must be kidding!)

At 11:30 a.m., Freny and I attended Mass at the hospital's chapel. Rev. Fr. Ven, the hospital's chaplain, was the celebrant. He mentioned about St. Alphonsus Marie Liguori whose feast day was yesterday. Before the day ended yesterday, we learned that St. Alphonsus, the founder of the Redemptorist Congregation, is the patron saint of confessors, moral theologians, and the lay apostolates. (I did a little research, though.)

After Mass, we ate lunch at the hospital's Chow Hall. Good food, good place to hang out, even for a while at the hospital. You can't beat that $4.60 per person lunch. Complete with beverages and desserts, fruits and vegetable salad, and soup, and cold sandwich, or main menu for the day. Thanks to the Chow Hall staff-personnel for their food service and management. Kudos to the hospital's administration, in general, for a job well done. May God bless you all for your services and dedication to making us all healthy and well...

From the hospital, Freny and I drove to Scott Center Annex where we picked up my med refills at the hospital's branch clinic's pharmacy and where we bought groceries at the Commissary. Yay, we spent almost two hundred dollars for groceries! (Well, we haven't been there for a while and it happens that when you're there at the Commissary, you won't realize eventually that you've got two shopping carts full of groceries already by the time you're at the check out counter.)

Today, Friday, Freny and I brought Andrew's car at the car dealer-auto service center for its periodic maintenance check up. (Our son arrived last night from The Capital, I learned from Freny this early morning. Glad and thankful he's home again!) Andrew was still asleep when we left the house this morning. Glad and thankful that, even if we went there walk-in, no advance appointment, our car was taken in. But the catch is that we have to wait longer to have our car serviced. So, that was what we did...wait at the auto service center's spacious lounge/lobby where we lounged basically. Mind you, I was glad I brought with me my camera and my laptop. Never a dull moment, you know. While there, my smart phone rang. Guess who called, my dear folks and friends? Daughter Tintin! She informed us she'd be here in 757, this afternoon after three, from C-ville where she said she just finished her month-long In-service training with fellow college advisers. Thank God, we're a complete family again this weekend!

Lunchtime...Freny and I decided I go to the nearest gas station-convenient store where I bought hoagies, aka, deli sandwiches, while she hang around while keeping watch at my laptop that's charging. (My laptop's battery's low after having been on Facebook and YouTube for a while.) Back to the auto service center, Freny had  turkey sandwich; I had beef sandwich. We both had some trimmings on our sandwiches. We had same stuff, though, except for the main component meat.

When I was about to finish my sandwich, actually my last bite, the service guy at the desk came to see us, informing us that our car's done. (You can tell Freny's hungry for she finished hers first, btw.)

From the car dealer-auto service center, Freny and I stopped by the gas station-convenient store where I bought our sandwiches for lunch. Why did we stop by? To fill up gas/fuel for Andrew's car. Then, home sweet home on a hot, humid , sunlight-filled Friday...

Arriving home, guess who's in da Haus? Daughter Tintin! Glad and thankful to see you kiddo! But where's Andrew? We learned that he and his friend Brian were out, having lunch somewhere. Well, what a relief to be home, in our living room eating watermelon and other munchies while in my laptop and the TV's on, watching Kate or Dr. Oz and later on the TV newscast that usually starts at 5 p.m.

Finally, while I was listening to Chopin's music, on my laptop, and still in the living room, still TV's on, the main door opened. Brian came in followed by Andrew. Glad I was to see both of them. Freny joined us in the living room as we were exchanging Hi's and Hello's and hugs. (I took a couple of pictures, too. I'll try to embed them here, when they're uploaded.)

Well, this is all for now. Thank you, my dear folks and friends, for having visited my blog. Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful weekend, everyone! As always, may God bless US and keep US safe from harm!-chris a. quilpa, 02 August 2013

P.S. Now, here are the photos I've taken yesterday and today. The first three below were taken while Freny and I were in the hospital for our periodic medical check up appointment. No, I didn't bother taking photos while attending mass at the hospital's chapel and while having lunch at the hospital's "Galley."

 Today's photos were taken at car dealer-auto service center's lounge and at home...So happy and thankful I am to see the kids home...

Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment