Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Amidst A Rainy, Soggy Tuesday in 757

Good day, everyone! It's a rainy, soggy day today in our area. How's yours, my dear folks and friends?

What a relief! It's calmer in the house now that the ten dryers and fans and humidifier were taken back by ServiceMASTER, after three days of having them in the house. "It's dry now," said Anthony of the said company after moisture-testing the area to make sure that everything is okay. As you may have known, our dining room got flooded; water traveled throughout part of our foyer and kitchen; our laminated wooden floor damaged. All these resulted from a busted/cracked pipe on Tuesday afternoon, 07 Jan 2014, the coldest day so far in our area that the media described the weather condition as "arctic blast" or "arctic freeze" or "arctic vortex?"

One problem is solved. Another one yesterday (the busted pipe replaced and insulated). But there's more to be done/repaired/replaced from the water damaged floor and wall in the dining room, kitchen, and foyer. An employee of carpet/flooring company has called us, finally, in care of our insurance adjuster. He said he'll be coming tomorrow at ten to see what needs to be done and repaired or replaced. As they say, it takes time to get back to normal or as it was, as far as our house is concerned. Hopefully, this time, it will be/look better once everything is done or fixed or changed or replaced. I'm looking forward to a better-looking floor in those areas I've mentioned above.

Despite a rainy, soggy day today, I left the house to do errands. I did go to the post office to drop off two mails (bills, actually), and then drove to NEX/Pharmacy Clinic to pick up my prescription refill (long overdue for pick up, x2 days) and then to the Commissary to buy some grocery items that we were not able to buy last Sunday when Freny and I were there. I bought frozen pizza, two half-gallon, 2% reduced fat organic milk, lemons, clementines (product of Spain), Bosc pears, bananas, bottled water, snacks like individually-wrapped coffee cakes, unsalted bite-size pretzels, corn chips/crisps and dips. Mind you, I was snacking on my way back home from the Commissary. Can you blame me if my stomach was telling me, "feed me, Chris!"

Arriving home, after unloading my groceries (with the exception of two cases of bottled water, I couldn't do heavy lifting, remember?), I ate two slices of left-over pizza which I prepared for dinner last night. There are still two slices left in the ref.

In closing, I'd like to say that amidst a rainy, soggy Tuesday in 757, there's peace and quiet. There's solitude, though there's still a mess in the house. Hopefully, it won't be long.

Now, here's me with my photos, and our house mess, if you call it...














Well, this is all for now. Until next time around, my dear folks and friends... Have a wonderful day/evening/night! May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 01.14.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment