Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2011

But I Am...

I may not be nice,
but naughty and silly,
does it matter
who cares, but I am...
living the present  moment well.

I may not be grand and sleek
like the piano you wish to play with,
I may not be the coolest car on the block
you always wanted to drive and cruise around,
I may not be the precious gem-diamond
you've always wanted to own or possess,
I may not be the award-winning, bestseller book/writer
you've always wanted to read again and again,
I may not be the best show, movie, or video
you always love to watch over and over again,
I may not be the best song or homily
you've always wanted to hear or listen to,
I may not be the awesome guy or pal
you always want to befriend or be with,
I may not be the good-looking actor-singer
you always wanted to aspire and emulate,
I may not be the best, the ideal, perfect mate
you may wish to spend the rest of your life with,
I may not be good enough, rich and powerful enough
that you've always sought for help or assistance when needed...

But I am...who I am...
living (and trying to enjoy) the present moment well.
(c) 2011 by chris a. quilpa
23 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment