Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hi World! I'm Back and Still Alive! Random Thoughts...

OMG, I'm bouncing back again! Thanks to God that I'm hanging in there, and very much alive (again, I suppose!) and trying to enjoy each moment of my  "semi-sedentary/retirement" life. Well, I just have to keep a positive attitude with a strong faith in Our Almighty God and my one and only Saviour and Friend, Jesus Christ.   Amidst my condition, living in/with pain (chronic lower back and fibromyalgia), I have to accept things as they are and to not regret what happened because it's done, and I can't go back to the days when I am able to function well. I won't say "normally" because things change in life, just like life itself. We all change and do a lot of transformation as we continue our journey in this life-world.

Today, Saturday, I have had the opportunity to visit my Facebook page and am glad and thankful to "re-connect" with my so-called friends and family members--- reading their and my previous messages/comments, and notes (posted poems) and seeing their and my posted photos, and finding new "friends." What an experience to be doing two things at the same time, listening to old songs of one of my all-time favorite artists or singers/actors in the world, Nora Aunor, via You Tube on another laptop (my son Andrew's old one that he used in college at the University of Virginia for four years, from 2006-2010). Thanks to my nephew Tony in San Jose, CA, for giving me this IBM laptop (an older version but still running great!), the one I'm now using for writing my blog. Hey, I've got to tell you what I've been doing lately: I've been using this IBM (Think Pad) laptop, a lot, in watching different soap operas, international, that is! I love it and am learning a lot from other culture via YouTube. Thanks, YouTube, and for those people behind posting/uploading those videos and films/movies.

(I've got to take a break from writing this blog, for a minute or two, to take in my morning routine meds for maintaing blood pressure. I have to take it every morning, probably for life?, an hour prior to having breakfast.)

Well, how are you guys out there? I bet you're all getting ready and prepared for the Holiday of all holidays, Christmas! Observably, Christmas decorations are out there, everywhere. I'm sure our houses and halls are decked, too, or they're still waiting to be decorated. My house is not completely decorated yet, but in time before Christmas, we're ready. I'm sure of that. Anyway, the holiday stress is getting into our system but, guys, let's chill out and take it easy. Choosing, buying the right Christmas present/gifts for our family and friends, and others; paying our bills on time, making sure that we don't miss anything that will affect our credit rating/scores, worrying what comes next with the economic condition we're all into, world-wide, etc. Problems here and there, local, national, global. And, what about our spiritual life, too? Let's not neglect learning and knowing The Truth who sets us free from everything that's mundane and earthly.Yes, there's always a revolution going on in other parts of our world. There's always chaos, destruction, persecution, war and diseases that can be avoidable and preventable. But, whether we like it or not, this is our world, alive and changing, evolving, transforming, hopefully for the better for all of us, earthlings. We have to accept the fact that there are comings and goings in life. That's just the law of nature. We live, we die, so others will survive. More explorations and discoveries are currently in the works, too, for the benefit of all mankind. On the the other hand, that elusive "peace" on Earth that we've been praying for ages remains a dream for us to work on and realize. Yes, our quest for an everlasting peace continues for as long as we're talking, connecting, and reconnecting with one another, globally-speaking. I know, it takes time. It takes a lot of love and efforts and energy to reach out to others. Making peace with ourselves, first, is crucial to achieving Peace on Earth for mankind. Patience, they say, is a virtue. That we have to observe to achieve peace. And, with our conviction to let us live together in harmony with others, respecting each others' equal rights as human beings, we'll be better of as one big human family. Okay, then, everything will pass and be over with again. Soon, another page of the calendar will appear, a new calendar will be hung, another new year has arrived into our lives. And, let's welcome the new year with hope and a renewed life, with a meaningful purpose.

Well, now, I have to stop here to try to enjoy the rest of the day! Take care, folks and until next time around. Have a wonderful, productive weekend! Happy holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment