Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

My (2012 and Beyond) Resolutions

For New Year 2012 and beyond, I resolve (or am determined) to live and love each day, as if my last, by trying:

     -to put Jesus, my Inspiration and Savior, first in my life by worshiping and praising Him always.
   
     -to continue to pray and give thanks to our Invisible but Almighty God for all blessings and graces I have received.

     -to strengthen/maintain a lasting faith with my chosen religious belief (Catholicism), in solidarity with and respect for others'.

     -to continue to be a good citizen, parent, partner, father, friend, brother, parishioner, listener, blog writer.

     -to remain connected, or reconnected, with family, friends, relatives, and brothers and sisters in faith.

     -to love everyone, my enemies (if ever I have out there, which I believe I don't), to the best I can.

     -to read more books and blogs, and informative, educational, entertaining, and inspiring articles.

     -to continue to listen to NPR (National Public Radio) and watch news on local TV networks and PBS and my favorite TV shows or programs, NASA channel, and international soap operas, with English subtitles, via YouTube (which continues to amaze me with so much stuff to see/learn in/from it. It's such a cool, useful site, truly a revolutionary, powerful medium/technology, to me). Thank you, NPR and PBS, NASA, YouTube, Facebook, and yes, of course, Google for your existence. You guys are really instrumental in changing the world. I salute all the people behind your creation, organization, and management. Again, thanks a lot for what you do to make our world a better place to live in.

     -to continue to do simple house chores, exercise, writing, singing, and observing the outside world with vigilance.

     -to continue to live to love to learn, and to learn to love to live by seeking and understanding the Truth, and to be open to new ideas for growth and self-improvement.

     -to simplify my life and save (more) money, considering the ideas of a blogger, by the name of Sam Luigi, from the internet or cyberworld that I came across while reading other blogs, as follows:
   
          1) donating/selling your extra stuff (things that you don't need anymore, in stead of occupying space in your room/house), 2) opening (or maintaining, if you already have) a savings account, 3) setting weekly (simple but achievable) goals for yourself (i.e. cleaning hallway closet, making dinner at home, going for a walk around the neighborhood), 4) moving around more than you do now (that is, increasing your physical activity like walking, jogging, running, or dancing to your favorite music), 5) cooking at home (more often, than eating out all the time), 6) turning off your phone and computer for a day (doing meditation/reflection, or "Sometimes doing absolutely nothing is just what you need," he quipped.), 7) skipping the impulse-buying, 8) paying upfront (that is, paying cash on hand for any purchase you do), 9) cutting your own hair (with Phillip's Norelco? I haven't tried but I may try to give it a shot next time, how's that?), 10) finding free or cheap ways to have fun (i.e. checking for deals on Living Social  and Groupon, using coupons, renting a movie via Redbox or Netflix, instead of going to a cinema or movie theater, or exchanging/borrowing video/games with/from friends), and 11) keeping things in perspective ("It's easy to dwell on one problem and let it consume you," he writes. "The next time you're angry, sad, or frustrated about something, consider how your problem looks in the grand scheme of things. Then think of one thing you've been blessed with and treasure it," he adds. "Good memories and good people help us fast-forward through the bad parts. It's easy to feel alone in your struggles, but I guarantee that you're not," he concludes.).

     -to continue to share my life with/to/for others, to be healthy and happy, to smile and laugh more often, and to stay optimistic and positive for a better life-world, and me, in spite of my present condition/situation.-chris a. quilpa 30 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment