Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2013

@FeLynn's in Virginia Beach

Hi, everybody!

Food. That's my topic for this blog post. Food is something that binds others together, unites family together, in most cases. Food can be a reason to celebrate life and diversity, and also a cause of fun and discomfort, too. Need further elaboration/explanation? I'd rather have you to tell me what you think.

After Freny and I have gone back to pick up Tintin at her testing site, we all decided to go to another city, Virginia Beach where we dined out at FeLynn's, a Filipino restaurant catering to the Filipino and FilAm community in Hampton Roads. I don't remember when was the last time we've been there, though. I like the food there, beside those desserts, cakes, other native delicacies.

So, here are a number of photos I've taken while dining there at FeLynn's. Yay, that "lechon kawali" or roast pork was kinda fatty, and it contributes to high cholesterol, no doubt. But I did have a taste of it. Mind you, there are always lots of food items to choose from! I feel like I wanted to taste 'em all! What? I turned into a foodie? I guess.

Anyway, I didn't bother ordering that pork or chicken "adobo." Instead of steamed rice, I got myself that "pancit palabok," a different kind of noodle recipe but cooked with fatty, greasy sweet sauce with boiled egg. On the other hand, we even had "halo halo" even if the weather temp was cold. Btw, "halo halo" is a so-called summer delight because it's a mixture of shaved ice with a mixture of sweet yam, sweet preserved fruits, beans, milk, a scoop of ice cream as topping. It is "mix mix" in English.

Well, enjoy the food, ehe, the photos being shared/served you,  my dear folks and friends...Aren't they yummy? Btw, that scarecrow on my left didn't scare me at all! What? Halloween, what? What's that? Lemme continue my food...









 The pictures below were wall decorations at the men's restroom at FeLynn's. I like the artistry involved in these two wall decor.

Scarecrow...Ugh, what the H...! Restaurant owner/s, take that thing in there. It doesn't belong inside an eatery...What, you're scaring away diners?









Nicely-dressed!

Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

Okay, this is all for now. Thanks for keeping me company. Until next time around, my dear folks and friends. Take care and have a blessed day, everyone!-chris a. quilpa, 10.26.2013


No comments:

Post a Comment