Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Morning Mist-Sunrise Haiku

Good day, everyone!

Did you sleep well last night? (I'm borrowing Rev. Fr. Jarek's opening statement each time he starts his homily for us parishioners of St. Paul's Catholic. That was then, years ago, til he got a new assignment as pastor of St. Jude Catholic Church, somewhere in Christiansburg area. (Btw, I just learned today, thanks to Deacon Mike (of New Orleans, LA) and his abitadeacon blog, that it's the feast of St. Jude today, along with St. Simon the Zealot. Sts. Jude Thaddeus and Simon, pray for us! I miss Fr. Jarek, you know. Hope and pray he's doing great at St. Jude's. His smiling face always comes to mind each time I remember him. It makes my day, though. God bless you always, Fr. Jarek. And thank you, Jesus, for inspiring him to be one of your voices proclaiming God's Divine Word and Good News.)

Btw, as I'm writing this blog post, I'm brewing my coffee and waiting for the photos, to be uploaded to my laptop (a vintage one? but still functional and operational, and given to me by my nephew Tony in CA. Thanks again, Tony.), the ones I've just taken this early morning, capturing the misty playground and the dramatic sunrise over the rooftop of the elementary school overlooking my backyard.

So, while capturing the mood of early Monday morning looking at my backyard today, here's what I did. I immediately grab my pen and a piece of white sheet of paper. And, voila, we have this for the sharing:

Monday Morning Mist-Sunrise Haiku
































misty Monday morn
as sun rises in the East
such a glorious day!

-Chris A. Quilpa
@754, 10.28.2013
while watching sunrise
from my backyard in Suffolk, VA

Copyright 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

Well, again, I thank my nephew Tony in Silicon Valley, CA, who gave me this (vintage) laptop that's still functional and operational for me. Thank God for my being alive and well, and sane and sensible still. And thanks to you all, my dear folks and friends near or far, and my accidental reader/s of my blog. Hope you enjoyed my photos together with my simple Monday Morning Mist-Sunrise haiku.

Until next time around, my dear folks and friends. Take care and have a glorious, fabulous day today and tomorrow, always. (My coffee is done. Let's have a simple toast for breakfast. How's that?) May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 10.28.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment