Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mass, Lunch, Commissary, Home

Good Sunday, my dear folks and friends!

The title of this blog post pretty much summed up what I, together with my wife Freny and daughter Tintin, did today. Let's get into detail, okay? But allow me first to say, thank God that we're alive and well...

My wife Freny, daughter Tintin, and I participated in today's Mass at our parish, St. Paul's Catholic Church in Portsmouth. Per our scheduled assignment today as volunteer Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHC) Freny and I did distribute/administer the Host, the consecrated body of Jesus Christ, to our fellow parishioners. Celebrating the Mass with us was a retired priest, Rev. Fr. Robert, who, once in a while, volunteers his time with us while our pastor, Rev. Fr. David, and parochial vicar, Rev. Fr. Gino were in other clustered parishes doing their priestly ministry. That's the thing with this clustered parishes that's been a reality here in the US, for shortage of priests. One pastor takes charge of two-four parishes, with his parochial vicar, usually a newcomer or a novice clergy who needs more experiences in his ministry. But it works here in our area. Thanks to our visiting priest/s.

After Mass, we drove to NEX and had lunch at Subway there. Had that foot-long sandwich. But I only ate half of it. I saved the other half for tonight. That's what Freny and Tintin did, too. Btw, while we were dining out there, I took a number of photographs, using my smart phone and my Fuji, and then Tintin helped me in sharing a couple to our Facebook folks and friends wherever they may be.
Just a way to get connected or reconnected with them, though.

From there, afterwards, we went to the Commissary to buy fruits and veggies, milk, orange juice, and bottled water, etc. Then on our way home, we stopped by at our friends Mike and Myrna's house and picked up something the latter prepared for us (homemade spaghetti) and at the same time dropped off something for them, too.

Then, we're home sweet home...Tintin, after some minutes of resting, prepared herself to go back to D-ville. She left 757 for D-ville twenty minutes before 3 pm. Wishing her a safe trip! God bless her.
(Normally, it takes her over three hours to drive to her destination.) Hopefully, she'll arrive there safely, as always. I recall, one time when she was driving back there, a little late in the afternoon, she encountered deer on the road, she said. Well, that happens unexpectedly. Besides,    it's inevitable for deer to cross the road/highway, especially at night. That's why we told her to go to D-ville earlier where there's still sunshine.

Now, my dear folks and friends, I'm embedding here in my post some photos I've taken today...Hope you like them as much as I do. Enjoy!



















 Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

That's about it, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Thanks for your time. Take care and have a peaceful day, everyone! May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 10.27.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment