Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2012

Of Sleep, News, and American Idol Music

At the outset, I thank you, Almighty God, that my young adult son arrived safely back in DC last night. Thank you, Lord, for watching over him always. I pray for his safety and well-being, as always.

Good Monday, everyone! Did you sleep well last night? Guess who always anxiously asks that question to us parishioners each time our former parochial vicar happens to officiate or celebrate Sunday Mass with us? If you're a regular reader to my blog posts, you'd know the answer off the bat. You betcha, it's Rev. Fr. Jarek. (He's promoted as pastor and now assigned in a parish in Radford City.) That popular question of his resonates in me. Once in a while, especially on Sundays, that is.

Now, if I were to answer that question today, I would definitely say, "Not really, Father!" I didn't sleep well. Just minimally good, I suppose. I'd tell him that I went to bed  past eleven last night, but woke up early this morning at five. I usually wake up to the sound of our alarm-clock-radio that's always set at six, every morning on NPR (National Public Radio) News' Morning Edition. But still in bed for two-three or more hours after. Unless I have an urge to use the restroom to pee or poop. 

On the other hand, I tried to get back to sleep but couldn't anymore. (My wife, at that time, was in deep slumber. How I envy her!) So, what did I do? I prayed a very short prayer of thanks to our Almighty God for all the blessings we've received. Then, I used the restroom that's within our master's bedroom. After that I went back to our room quietly, sat on that Queen Ann's chair by my bedside, observing my wife's sleeping. Man, she's a sleeping beauty!

At that time, I decided to turn on the TV, tuned in to Daybreak news. I had to turn the volume down so as not to wake her up. Minimal noise doesn't bother her, you know. Next, I plugged in my laptop, logged on and went straight to YouTube. This time, I plugged in my earphone to my laptop while watching and listening to those videos of the American Idol 2012 Tour concert performances from various cities. I thank those concert goers or fans who have attended/witnessed those tour performances of AI 2012 top ten finalists and painstakingly took time to upload and share their videos with us, YT viewers. At least I have already an idea  about the AI 2012 Tour Live concert. 

At six, our alarm-clock-radio sounded off and the hosts of the NPR's Morning Edition alternately began broadcasting news. My wife was still sleeping at that time. I was focused on my laptop, though. Then, I walked my way to the restroom. After that, I went back to my chair and resumed watching/listening to AI 2012 Top Ten Tour Live performances  on YouTube. (It's possible that I may have fallen asleep, or taken a short nap, sitting comfortably on the chair while listening to music on my laptop. That's beneficial to me.)

Past eight, this morning, I prepared myself, and got dressed before waking up my wife to accompany me because I remember that I have to pick up my medication refills that I should have picked up three days ago, last Friday the 13th of July, but forgot about it. My wife and I agreed to have breakfast or brunch outside. That's exactly what we did.

Thanks to God that the pharmacy techs didn't put my med refills back on their bottled containers on the shelf or shelves after I missed picking them up on the designated pick up date for three days. Well, driving back home from the Scott Center Annex Pharmacy, after we've had my med refills and breakfast or brunch there at the NEX of Naval Shipyard, I thought of dropping by a Walmart store that's along our way home anyway.   What's the reason why? I just thought that they may have that CD of one of the AI 2012 Top Ten finalists, Joshua Ledet, that I don't have yet and planned to buy it. 

Entering the store, we walked through straight to the entertainment/electronics/music-video department. Yes, they have it! Still at five bucks each, except that one CD (AI Season 11 Top Ten Highlights) which is sold for $7 per copy. I wondered if they only have CDs of the top five AI 2012 finalists. I inquired from one of the sales associates about it and she confirmed what I thought. Only the top five AI 2012 finalists have CDs on sale, exclusively at Walmart. At least, I have  in my possession one CD for each  of the top five finalists. Plus a CD of the of AI Season 11 Top 10 Highlights. No, I didn't buy that CD featuring five duets. But, there's one thing that I'd love to experience. Attending their Live Tour concert! Because there's not a scheduled AI Season 11 Tour Live here in our state or area, I wouldn't be able to personally meet or see the AI 2012 finalists performing. That would be great. But, it's okay. At least, I have a copy of their CDs with me and their videos to enjoy on YouTube. (Thanks, YouTube!) It would be nice if my CDs were signed or autographed by the respective artists. (And, personally, I would express my profound admiration and gratitude for their gift of music, when I meet them.) That would be greatly appreciated. But, again, that's alright. I'm cool, nevertheless. I'm content and happy for now for I've got their music to keep on playing and listening. Thanks to God for these young singers/musicians who are sharing their talents and now living and/or working on their dreams of becoming successful artists/performers. May God bless them all! And I wish them all the best in their musical career.

Well, folks, it's sign off time, again. Until next time around. Thank you for your time. Take care and Have a wonderful day, everyone!-chris a. quilpa, 16July2012



   

No comments:

Post a Comment