Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Periodic Hospital Visit and Nostalgic Feeling

Hello, everyone! Happy Tuesday to us all! Hope and pray that you're doing well, amidst all the happenings around us, here and there, everywhere. (At least, there is still this music that captivates us, soothes our weariness, lifts our spirit,  makes us smile or laugh at our life's craziness, and tries to restore our sanity.Yes, we have this Music that lingers on and makes our life bearable and worth-living. That is, if we listen with an open heart and mind. It's that good feeling of being human and alive, and well, with others and our Almighty God.)

This morning, my wife and I visited the hospital because, first of all, I ran out of a medication (refill) that lowers cholesterol. I've been taking this medication for a while, for years, actually. So, I just needed a refill or new prescription from my Internal Medicine doctor. Secondly, I have to tell/show my doctor about my right foot, specifically the sole of my right foot, that has been bothering me for months. It's painful when I walk, especially when there's pressure involved. I don't know know if there's a foreign object that got stuck in the sole of my foot or if it's a plantar wart. Or, something else. Third, I have to show/tell him about this thing, a mole, maybe, on my upper right cheek, near my right eye that's kinda itchy, at times. It's so tempting to touch or scratch it or play with it to relive the itch. Fourth, I have this slight burn (first degree?) on my right forearm, below the elbow (probably due to carelessness on my part), that I got while doing some oven cooking/baking of a family-size tray of frozen lasagna (Italiano) which I bought weeks ago at the Commissary. Another valid reason for our hospital visit is for my wife to make an appointment for that periodic or yearly women wellness check up.

Thanks to God, I was seen by one of the doctors in Internal Medicine today, as a walk-in outpatient, even  though I didn't have a pre-scheduled appointment there. As for my wife, she got or made an appointment for tomorrow.

With my hospital visit, I had all my objectives met. And much more than I've expected. I have my medication for lowering my cholesterol, same prescription and low dosage. I had a consult (pending) to see a dermatologist. I had my X-ray of my right foot. (I was able to see again my former co-workers, one of them, Gerry who, like me, has retired from the Service but currently working there as a civilian X-ray Technologist. What a nice, nostalgic feeling to drop by, once in a while, at the Department where I've spent over a decade working there, encountering lots of experiences with military and civilian staff-personnel, In and Outpatients, and sharing all that I've got to both co-workers and health care beneficiaries. Each time I go there, I always remember some of the people that I've worked with, those who are gone, and those no longer here on earth, especially (May they rest in peace! Amen.) Lots of memories that I always cherish.) I was able to make a periodic follow up appointment to see my rheumatologist next month. My wife and I did attend the 11:30 AM weekday Mass in the hospital's small chapel (third floor, across the OR (Operating Room) department. And, after the Mass, we had Navy (chow) lunch at the Galley---I don't remember now when was the last time I had Navy chow there. I tell you, I always go home full. I mean, my stomach is full every time I dine there. Cost to eat there is so cheap or reasonable. This is one of the things I like having been in the U.S. Navy. None of us, military people, goes home hungry because we're so well-fed, and taken care of, even our health and well-being. Hats off and my sincere gratitude to the U.S. Navy for everything it has done for all of us.

Well, folks, this is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and Have a wonderful day! Be safe. Keep (your) cool, my dear people of goodwill. God bless us all!-chris a. quilpa, 10July2012

No comments:

Post a Comment