Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

David DiMuzio Sings and Composes Filipino-English Songs

This morning, I came to know an American singer-songwriter, initially, while reading one of the public blogs that eventually led me to YouTube. David DiMuzio. Does it ring a bell to you, folks? It's only today that I learned about this once a world champion juggler turned talented musician-independent artist who has been passionate about the Philippines, per his television interview by Philippine broadcast journalist Karen Davila last year. With his guitar, he sings alternative rock songs in English and/or mixed Filipino-English lyrics. He has drawn not only Filipino or FilAm fans but also other music aficionados on YouTube and Facebook. "I've always liked the idea of cross-cultural, multicultural music," said DiMuzio.

I kinda like his eclectic style of singing his songs, especially with the blending of the Filipino lyrics with the English language. I think he's cool. I've also watched him perform in his other videos and he's good! He's well-versed in the Filipino language. I'm quite amazed at his learning the Filipino language that quick. (Well, music has no boundaries for it's universal.) Check him out in his videos on YouTube and let me know what you guys think. Thanks YouTube! And, thanks David DiMuzio for sharing us your musical talents. Kudos and more power to you!-chris a. quilpa, 07February2012

P.S. No copyright infringement intended. The video belongs to the YouTuber/uploader.

No comments:

Post a Comment