Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Letter from a Friend

I am writing to say how much I care for you and to say how much I want you to know me better.
When you awoke this morning I exploded a brilliant sunrise through your window hoping to get your attention, but you rushed off without even noticing.
Later, I noticed you were walking with some friends, so I bathed you in warm sunshine and perfumed the air with nature's sweet scent, and still you didn't notice me. As you passed by I shouted to you in a thunderstorm and painted a beautiful rainbow in the sky and you didn't even look.
In the evening, I spilled moonlight onto your face and sent a cool breeze to rest you. As you slept, I watched over you and shared your thoughts, but you were unaware that I was so near.
I have chosen you and hope you will talk to me soon. Until then I will remain near. I am your friend and love you very much.

Your Friend,
Jesus

 (Note: While rummaging through my old stuff this morning, I found this bookmark (with Letter from a Friend printed on it) in one of the side pockets of one of my messenger bags ( that I used when I was doing substitute teaching in one of the cities in Hampton Roads in 1998-99, but at the same time I was still active duty in the Service that time). I thought of transcribing and sharing it with you via this blog post, hoping that you have time to reflect on it. No, I'm not the author of the Letter. Since it didn't mention who the author was, I supposed then that it's Author Unknown/Jesus.)-chris a. quilpa, 07February2012

No comments:

Post a Comment