Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

It's Friday, What Can I Say?

Thanks to God, I didn't have to wait any longer than three to five minutes when I went to pick up my meds refill, this afternoon at two, at one of the military pharmacies in our area. I got lucky or I may say it was timely that there was no other car, except mine, in line at the pick up window. I wonder it it's always like this on Friday afternoons. Especially if it's almost time for the employees to go home when their work shift is over. I found it to be unusual today, unless they were busy this morning. I always knew they're always busy there during weekdays.

Before leaving the pharmacy building, I expressed my sincere thanks to the two cheerful American Red Cross  women volunteers who work there. You know, I can't say enough how much I appreciate what they're doing. They're probably in their 70s and yet they're still active. God bless them! I mentioned to one of the ARC women volunteers, who handed me a small brown bag of my refills, that I used to work at the hospital where they're connected. She smiled and was kinda anxious where I've worked in the hospital. Anyway, I told her I appreciate very much their volunteerism and service to the medical center/hospital and branch clinics.

I dropped by at the Commissary to buy four bags of apples (gala and fuji), four small bags of (ready to eat) vegetable salad, four (at 24 bottles each) cases of bottled water, a 20 lbs. bag of CALROSE rice, etc.

My wife was already waiting in our driveway when I arrived home. Wow, she arrived that early from her school-work, unexpectedly! That's amazing! She said TGIF! Indeed, it is! I was thankful to her for helping me bring in our groceries from the Commissary. I remembered what she said yesterday that one her female friends would be coming over with her college son for tutoring at 6:30 pm.

For dinner, my wife and I had spaghetti with meatballs (that I cooked yesterday) and vegetable salad. I also had that yesterday's leftover fried pork chop. No red wine, this time, for me. I just had a cup of tea and a slice of Cheese Danish twist cake for dessert. Yummy! Thanks to God!

 Exactly at 6:30 pm, our visitors arrived. We exchanged pleasantries. We asked them if they want something to drink/eat. But they said no. They told us they just had dinner. (It's customary for us to offer something, i.e. food or drink, to our guests/visitors.) My wife led them to our eat-in kitchen, where my wife usually does her take home schoolwork. The mom, my wife's friend, decided to hang in our family room, watching TV while on the couch (she said, afterwards, that she fell asleep getting comfy there) , while my wife was tutoring her son in Chemistry. As for me, I positioned myself in the living room watching evening news on TV (weather-wise, the meteorologist's forecast that we're going to have a slight snowfall in our region, and that it's gonna be ten degrees cooler this weekend, yay!), while at the same time reading blogs, and visiting Facebook, briefly. Then, I started writing this blog post.

After two hours, I think, my wife's tutoring was done, our guests/visitors gone. Enjoy the weekend, everyone! Until next time around. Ciao!-chris a. quilpa, 10February2012

1 comment:

  1. Please note that the posting time is West Coast time. I haven't taken time to figure out how to adjust the time on my laptop. Remember, this laptop was given to me by my nephew Tony from CA. So, the correct posting time of the above blog post is 10:56 PM. That's my explanation, folks. Hope you understand me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete