Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

The School Children

(Intro Note: Yesterday, as I was having my "brunch" downstairs, between our eat-in-kitchen and family room, while our back door (with a glass storm door) leading to the deck/backyard was open to let more light in to our house, I saw these school children, with a female adult  presumably their teacher, out there in school playground playing, having fun. I assumed they're having recess (time). A beautiful thought came to mind. And, I tried to capture that lovely scene under the bright sun. Here's the finish product of that very pleasant moment, a simple poem I scribbled yesterday. And I just want to share it with you all. Thank you.)


The Elementary School Children

Let them play
out there under the bright sun
the children---innocent and carefree
with varied needs and personalities.

Let them giggle and wiggle
let them scream and shout
for they are full of life and energy
exercising their freedom and liberty.

(c) 2012 by chris a. quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment