Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hooked on RealCatholicTV?

Happy Thursday to you all! I do hope you're doing well so far as we're into Lenten mode. I, for one, am trying to observe Lent knowing more about our faith via this video uploader (website) on YouTube that I just found out yesterday. Yes, just yesterday, Ash Wednesday. I don't remember how I came across this RealCatholicTV. It's probably from one of the links that I clicked while on one of the "Catholic" blogs that I'm following.

Since yesterday, after attending the Mass on Ash Wednesday, I tell you, I got hooked on watching videos uploaded by RealCatholicTV on YouTube. I've been that anxious and curious to learn more about our faith, that's why I got so interested on this channel. Who wouldn't be when you learn the latest news about the Catholic Church and Catholics via its Catholic News Roundup edition hosted by Matthew McAuliff. Plus, this sort of Catholic TV magazine, The Vortex hosted by Michael Voris,S.T.B.(Bachelor of Sacred Theology), who, I later learned that he's a layman and founder of RealCatholicTV.com. (I just did search on Wikipedia about Mr.Voris and I got directed to St. Joseph's Seminary, Dunwoodie, Yonkers, New York, where he was an alumnus.) In his videos, he talks and discusses about so many topics, issues that pertain to the Catholic Church, her history, her hierarchy, etc. Even if I studied in a Catholic college way back in the late 70s, for four years, I believe, I still need to learn more about my belief and religion that I grew up with. I need to learn and relearn more about our faith. That's right, folks, I'm "hungry" to know more about my faith, our faith, if I may say. Yes, I'm quite excited and enthusiastic about learning more about my faith. I'm glad and thankful to God that I found this website. Indeed, we're never tired or old enough to learn something each day.

During the observance of Lent until Easter, I try to continue to be good, to give thanks to Our Almighty God, to be sorry for whatever I have done that may have offended others and isn't pleasing to God and ask forgiveness, to pray, to fast, to give alms, and to praise and worship our God and Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer.

I'd like to share with you a couple of videos from RealCatholicTV and hopefully you'll learn something and be enlightened, too, like me. Thanks YouTube, RealCatholicTV, Blogger, and Wikipedia. Thanks to everyone! Until next time around. Have a nice day! chris a. quilpa, 23February2012



No comments:

Post a Comment