Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Notes and Fr. Leo of GraceBeforeMeals (with Videos)

Hello, everyone! Today is the last day of February. Over here in 757 it's a rainy day. How's yours in your area? Hope and pray that you're doing well this Lenten Season as I am so far.

For the past two days, as you've probably noticed, I haven't written my blog post. Not that I don't have anything to write or talk about. But, frankly speaking, I'm not at a loss for topics, issues to write about for there are always plenty of them around, everywhere. I just got lazy and tired (probably from our trip to and from C-ville that weekend.) How's that? I'm just trying to be frank and truthful to myself, you know. Anybody who cares, by the way? Let's leave it at that.

Well, as a free-spirited earthling, I do what I want to do, as long as I don't violate the laws of the land. The fact is, I've been doing a little bit of this and that: reading, watching, listening, observing, preparing something for dinner, eating, breathing, praying, a little walking around at home, laughing, and attending to my scheduled appointment. Like yesterday, I did go to my dental appointment. You know, that periodic twice a year teeth examination and cleaning. Well, I have to take advantage of this the fact that I have a yearly dental insurance coverage. Mind you, it's not cheap. The premium that I've been paying, I mean. (It's automatically taken out from my Navy retirement pay/pension.) Anyway, I had that dental cleaning yesterday. Thanks to God that I was able to have it. My next appointment? In September this year.

Last Monday, the day after the 84th Academy Awards, I had a chance to watch the trailers of the year 2011 best films, via www.latimes.com. Out of those films, the only movie my wife and I and our daughter (who happened to be with us that weekend) have watched was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. (I mentioned this in my previous blog post, with our photos and the facade of the new cinema where we watched the movie.) Someday, I'd like to watch some of the films I listed/noted on my note card. Especially the Academy award-winning films this year.

That Monday night, I came across this energetic and enthusiastic and charismatic gourmet cook/chef, author,   third degree blackbelter (taekwondo), and priest (Roman Catholic), and founder of GraceBeforeMeals.com and MiniFlipping, via YouTube. Fr. Leo Patalinghug. Does that sound familiar to you, folks? Probably not. But anyway, I learned that he's also a speaker, teacher/professor, and a break-dancing priest, of Filipino ancestry. He has a background in Political Science and Journalism. He studied in Rome, Italy for the priesthood. Watch his viedos below and learn something about this multi-talented clergy.

I'm so glad and thankful for Fr. Leo's intelligence, wisdom, humor, talents and skills. Wishing that we have more like him among the flocks of the clergy. See it for yourself, folks, and check out his video/s on YouTube. Thanks YouTube, and Blogger and Google for everything you do for us all. And, thanks to God and to Fr. Leo. Kudos and more power to you, Fr. Leo. May God bless you always! Take care.

This is all for now, folks. Thanks for your time with me. Until next time around. Have a nice day, everyone!-chris a. quilpa, 29February2012.





No comments:

Post a Comment