Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post-Election Day Thoughts

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Thank you, good and gracious God, for all your blessings and goodness to us all. Congratulations to and God bless the United States of America!

Amazing how technology plays a vital role in the democratic process! I'm talking about the Election Day in the US of A yesterday. Just imagine, while the votes were still being counted or tallied, in some states across the country, a major TV network organization has already projected/announced/declared the re-election of the incumbent President Barack Hussein Obama. (BTW, congratulations, Mr. President!) Wow! That's amazingly unbelievable! Thus, as I keep on saying, technology continues to amaze me everyday. As I have more work to do in catching up with it, I'm so thankful to all people involved in the Information Technology industry. You guys are unbelievable! Kudos and keep up the great work, especially in the quest for a peaceful, safer world for all of us earthlings!

I personally congratulate all the political candidates, their families, and their campaign people who worked so hard in order for their candidates to be elected or re-elected. Finally, the most expensive election in the U.S. history is over and done, and gone! Winners and losers, for the majority part, were already known or have been proclaimed last night before midnight. New U.S. senators and representatives were elected. Others were re-elected. Same thing in the state and local governments. Some new mayors elected; incumbents reelected.

Like one of the Catholic bloggers, Rev. Fr. Austin, that I've been following, with his daily prayer posted in his blog, I do pray for "one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all." Yes, Lord, I pray for unity for all of us, Americans, irrespective of what we look like, what we believe in, what we do in life, for the sake of the United States of America, and the world. I like this part of his prayer, and I quote and like to share with you my dear folks and friends: "Help us remember that neither winning or losing excuses us from your command that we love one another with peace in our hearts and kindness in our speech...If I am in the winner's camp today, Lord, keep me from being proud and haughty, snide and snarky...If I stand with the losing side today, Lord, keep me from being mean-spirited and bitter, from any self-indulgent spite...In the quiet of my prayer, Lord, humble my pride, tame any anger, strengthen my resolve and deepen my faith and trust in You...Send your Spirit of peace to reign in our hearts and help us work together, Lord, to serve the needs of all..." Amen, I say loud and clear! As always, God bless us all! And, God bless the United States of America! (I prayed my rosary while still in bed this morning. Thank you, God, for I'm alive and well. Thank you, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!)

Well, my dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Thank you all for your prayers for a successful Election 2012. Now we can all have the time to rethink and ponder at what's good for the USA and for the world as a whole. Peace to all of us! Let's all work together responsibly, non-partisan aside, with God's abundant and amazing grace and blessings, to do what needs to be done in order to rebuild, recover and make our country great again, and to achieve a peaceful, safer world.

In closing, I pray, "May God bless all those families affected by Superstorm Sandy. Dear God, restore their power and hope so they can see Light and have Life again! May they have a speedy recovery! All of these I pray through the intercession of Mother Mary, Blessed John Paul II, Venerable McGivney, and Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen." Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!-chris a. quilpa, 07Nov2012



No comments:

Post a Comment