Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Travelers We Are

Good Sunday, everyone!

I have just changed clothes to sleepwear and about to write my blog post, as soon as Freny and I arrived home safely @ 2140, from D-ville (with a total of almost 8-hour driving time, to and from D-ville where Tintin found employment there), my compadre-friend and former Shipmate Roger (who lives in The Golden State) texted me informing me of the unexpected departure of his Dad last night. Immediately I called him, waited for minutes...no one on the other line answered. So I left him a message, expressing my warm and sincere condolence to him and his family. In a minute as soon as I set aside my cellphone in bed, it rang. My friend was on the line. I told him I'm so sorry for the loss of "Tatay" (his Dad) who I learned was in his early 90s. The tone of our conversation changed from serious to pleasant. (I have had to cheer him up a bit, you know, since we haven't talked to each other for a while, a couple of months, maybe.) I have had to update him, too, about my family especially my young adult children. BTW, he's my "compadre," godfather to my kids. Anyway, I thanked him for letting me know about what's going on with him and what happened to Tatay. At this moment, I pray, "May the soul of all our departed, especially my friend-compadre's Tatay, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen."

Yes, my dear folks and friends, life is short and fleeting, as we know it. We never know when our time comes. Such is a mystery to us, I believe. Consequently, we just have to live the moment as if it's our last. What I mean is that we do what we have to do now, without reservation, and not later on for we don't know if such later on never comes or happens. And, with our faith, we put our trust in our Almighty Father who created us, and the heaven and earth. 

This morning, my wife Freny, daughter Tintin, sis-in-law Rose, and I attended the Sunday Mass, not at St. Paul's (where we're active parishioners) but at St. Mary's in a neighboring city. Our parochial vicar for four clustered parishes, Rev. Fr. Chris, was the main celebrant. In his homily, he re-echoed the Scripture readings and the Gospel dealing with the "end times" or apocalyptic end of the world? And the forthcoming of the Beloved Son of God, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior/Redeemer. After Mass, we went to another Christian church in a neighboring city where Tintin plays piano for their church service there. BTW, prior to the start of the worship service there, I happened to buy four items from the church's arts and crafts bazaar store, a decoration ceramic plate from Spain, a Christmas wreath, a framed painting, and a silver-plated merchandise. Just to help support for their fund-raising efforts that benefit their church project/s.

No, we didn't eat out to day. (We were invited by a couple of church people at UCC for their pre-Thanksgiving Sunday dinner, after the worship service. We thanked them but we decided not to participate because we have to bring Tintin back to D-ville this afternoon as soon as we can so we won't be late in returning (back) home to Hampton Roads. Doesn't she drive already? Yes she does, and she's doing well. But Mama Freny was insistent to pick her up or get her back home every other weekend for Tintin's commitment to that church in neighboring city, where she gets paid $100 for that hour-long church service.) We had lunch at home. We ate of whatever we have in the fridge... left-over food we've had yesterday, most especially from Totoy's Restaurant.

So, at around 1340, Freny and I and Tintin left the house for D-ville. As usual, my wife Freny did the driving throughout the whole trip. She's loving it! She's truly a pro. 

Below, you'll find my simple thoughts (I'm sharing them with you), which I've scribbled on my Composition Book, while on the road to D-ville, in haiku-style format...

We've been traveling
in the open, night and day
to find our way Home.

In our journey
searching for the Truth and Life
we meet challenges.

As we travel on
The Road to Recovery
we may see new Life.

(c) 2012 by chris a. quilpa

This is all for now. Until next time around, my dear folks and friends. Take care and have a nice day, everyone! As always, May God bless us always!-caq/18/11/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment