Search This Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Something about Mary and Missionaries

Happy Thursday, everyone!

For the past two days, I've been engrossed with the videos on YouTube uploaded by Kecharitomene7, a.k.a. Sean, a lay missionary of La Salette. I came to learn something about him as I kept on watching and listening to his videos. What I can say is I'm impressed at what he's doing---constantly and consistently praying the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, and Mother of the Church. I thank God for having someone like him, in our world, praying for us all. This prompted me to learn something about Grenoble, in France, and eventually led me to the Apparition of of our Blessed Mother Mary at La Salette. With further research, I also learned something about the Missionaries of Our Lady of La Salette, and the Ina ng Pag-asa Province, the Missionaries of Our Lady of La Salette in the Philippines.

I must admit, I didn't have any prior knowledge of this religious apostolic congregation mentioned above, despite the fact that I've attended and graduated college at Divine Word College, a private, Catholic, co-educational college run by SVD (Societas Verbi Divini) or Society of the Divine Word priest-school administrators. BTW, Divine Word Missionaries was founded in Steyl, Netherlands by a German-born diocesan priest, Arnold Janssen, who is now Saint Arnold Janssen, canonized by then Pope John Paul II (now Blessed John Paul) on October 5, 2003, at St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, Italy. Saint Arnold, pray for us! Blessed John Paul, pray for us! (At this time, I remember a holy man of God, a very pious Fr. Taschner, an SVD priest, from Austria who spent many years in the Philippines and was instrumental in my travel to Rome, Italy in 1980. May the soul of the departed Fr. Taschner, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen. I won't forget you, Fr.)

Here's what I scribbled (haiku-style thoughts) on my Composition Book today while listening to the video rosary-praying of Kecharitomene7, reading a comic-strip book The Mountain of Mystery or The Mystery on the Mountain,  and doing a little research on Wikipedia...
Marian Haiku

La Salette shepherds
Maximin and Melanie
Mary's witnesses.

Fortright, unshaken
Maximin and Melanie
La Salette shepherds.

Mother of Jesus
Notre Dame de la Salette
intercede for us!

Our Mother Mary
Lady of Guadalupe
pray for us, sinners!

(c) 2012 by chris a. quilpa

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Thanks for your time. Until next time around. Take care and have a cool but pleasant Thursday, everyone! As always, May God bless us all!-chris a. quilpa, 15Nov2012





No comments:

Post a Comment