Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thinking of (and Praying for) our Beloved Departed

Good Friday, everyone! TGIF (Thank God, It's Friday)!

(NotaBene: As I'm writing this blog post, I'm having late lunch. At home. (I dropped by at Totoy's where I bought lunch to go.) Why? Well, I just came from the church, my parish St. Paul's where I attended Mass in honor of our beloved dead loved ones. As you know, it's All Souls' Day today, November 2, also the first Friday of the month. Yesterday, I did attend the Mass for All Saints' Day, at St. Paul's. Reverend Fr. Chris, our parochial vicar, celebrated the Mass with us. There were more people who attended the Mass yesterday compared to today's Mass con-celebrated by Rev. Fr. David and Rev. Fr. Chris, our pastor and parochial vicar of four clustered parishes, respectively. The four clustered parishes are St. Paul's Catholic Church, St. Mary's, Church of the Holy Angels, and Church of Resurrection.)

This morning, while still in bed, I prayed and meditated on the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, our Heavenly Mother and Mother of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior and Redeemer. Then, after, I had an urge to use the restroom in our room. You know my regular (daily) routine. That prompted me to rise up from bed. (At that time, my wife Freny was already gone to her school-work.)

After using the restroom, I went back to bed. I thought I could still get some more sleep. But, no, not a chance because our alarm-clock-radio has been on since 6:00 o'clock this morning! So, I rose up, and guess what I grabbed? My laptop. Logged on with the intention of checking out the different soaps that I've been watching or following on YouTube. Nope, there was no current uploads. So what I did, I went to Blogger. I visited my blog, undecided whether to write my post for today or later. I ended up reading a couple of Catholic blogs that I'm following or that I read on a regular basis, because they're informative and inspirational to me. I grabbed my Composition Book because I thought of something. This is what I wrote on my Composition Book:

Today, I pray...

                       for all those who died in wars or in the battlefield for whatever reasons.
                       for those who had surgery but didn't make it.
                       for those victims of suicide, for whatever reasons.
                       for those (babies) who were aborted, for whatever reasons.
                       for those victims of calamities, man-made or natural, who didn't have the opportunity to say their last goodbyes to their families and friends.
                       for those who ventured into space for the sake of Science and humanity but didn't make it to Earth.
                       for all those who were gone before us and became our inspiration and role models in life.
                       for those who prayed before us and loved peace eternally with our Lord.
                       for those victims of drug abuse/overdose, of torture, poverty, injustice, discrimination, and those collateral innocent victims of different wars.
                       for those who didn't grow up into maturity because of fatal accidents and/or terminal diseases and illnesses.
                      for those who committed a crime and eventually died for whatever reasons. 
                      and for those missionaries who were persecuted because of their Christian faith, and love of God and Jesus...

May they rest in peace. Amen. 

Then, after a while, I went back to YouTube, did type All Souls' Day and I saw a video about this topic. Listened intently to the discussion. Afterwards, I checked on another video, by another uploader, but with the same topic. That's when I revisited Fr. Robert Barron on his Catholicism 101 on wordonfirevideo. I was listening to him while preparing myself to go to church to pray for all of our deceased loved ones, all the departed all over the world.

(Note: I just finished eating my lunch. Thanks to God. And thanks to those who prepared/cooked my food at the restaurant.)

I have to sign off now, my dear folks and friends, because I've got to prepare my stuff, etc. My wife and I are gonna be out somewhere on  the road this afternoon, after her class-work. Looking forward to a wonderful weekend, especially for tomorrow, Saturday, November 3rd. What's up with November 3rd? I'll let you know on my next post, God willing. So, stand by...

Well, again, this is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and have a nice day and a wonderful weekend, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!-chris a. quilpa, 02Nov2012








No comments:

Post a Comment