Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Season is Here!

Good Monday, everyone! From my family to yours, wishing you all A Very Merry Christmas! And, Happy Holidays, too!

Let's remind ourselves that, per the Catholic Church's calendar, tonight ends the season of Advent (Preparation and Waiting) and begins or commences the Christmas Season (which ends Monday, January 13.) We're set to remember or commemorate the birth of Jesus and, hopefully and prayerfully, we're ever-ready to accept and welcome Him into our lives once again with a joyful heart, without fear, reservation and doubt. This means that our preparation for our salvation starts again tonight. And because of our belief and our faith in Him as our Lord and Savior, we will be saved. He is our hope and our comfort, despite all the events and happenings in our life-world. Through Blessed Virgin Mary and the power of the Holy Spirit, He was sent by our Heavenly Father and came down and dwelt among us to save and redeem us of our sins. He is the Lamb of God, who takes away our sins. He is the Messiah, the Living God. That's our belief. And we continue to believe because it's the best thing that we, mortals, have on Earth. By the way (BTW), my dear folks and friends, if I sound preachy, please accept my apology. I don't intend to but just to share my thoughts and views to everyone. I can't help it, you know.

As you know, we're out of town, miles and miles away on our Christmas getaway. I, personally, just wanted to celebrate Christmas serenely, for a change. Not  much with the hassle and bustle of daily living. Anyway, yesterday, we (my wife Freny, our daughter Tintin and I) attended the Sunday Mass at Sacred Heart, as what I've planned. There we came to know Rudy and Amy, Bud and Elaine, and Bill, in addition to meeting again Fr. Anton, the parish pastor and homilist. After Mass, we ate at an Italian restaurant where we also purchased two wine glasses, unexpectedly, as souvenirs maybe or probably. Then, we roamed around the strip malls, bought some stuff. (It's so tempting and irresistible! This shopping thing!) You see, it was not my intention to buy something but, being there shopping with our loved ones, I can't help it. I felt weak because we're human and still alive! What can I say? But I know my limitations. And I'm aware of that. I need to have a sense of balance in my life! I just need to focus on my intent this Christmas and beyond---to be with the world but mindful of the Beatitudes.

This morning, at about five, I couldn't sleep anymore. So, I rose up and prayed the Holy Rosary, focusing on the Joyful Mysteries since it's Monday today. Here where we are, BTW, it's rainy and cold. But quiet and peaceful. Thank God. And thank you Jesus. (As I continue writing this blog post, I've been listening to Christmas songs. I'm imagining our young carolers back in the Philippines, visiting one house after another, singing with glee! How I missed those younger years of childhood! I feel good, so blessed and inspired, this very moment! Thank you, Lord! I'm so glad for the opportunity to observe or celebrate Christmas differently this time, this year. It's certainly a Restful, Joyful Christmas!)

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Take care and have a blessed and safe day, everyone. Again, we wish you all A Merry Christmas! Stay safe and warm. Joy and Peace be with us!-chris a. quilpa, 24December2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment