Search This Blog

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Movies, Movies, and More Movies...

Good Saturday, everyone! How are we all doing today? Hanging in there, huh? That's good. I'm doing well, just to let you know. Thank you, good and gracious God! And thank you, Jesus!

To those of you reading my blog posts, on a daily basis, thank you for having the time and efforts. To our accidental readers from other countries such as Russia, Poland, Vietnam, Germany, Canada, Qatar, Philippines, etc., I do appreciate and thank you very much. God bless you all!

As you may have noticed, my dear folks and friends, I haven't been blogging for the past days. Well, the reality is I've been watching movies, and more movies. Yes, I've been catching up, you know. (I have bought DVDs in the past that I haven't seen or watched. They're still have their price tag on, can you believe it? Anyway, I'm planning to keep and watch some and give away the rest this Christmas. How's that, huh?) I'm thankful for having functioning eyes especially (even if I've got problems with them, especially my right eye that's tearing all the time), and the opportunity to see and have seen movies of different genres and categories. Personally, I do appreciate and thank these movie producers, directors and all the actors/artists, and production staff-personnel for all their efforts in the production of these films.

Movies, to me, are far from being entertaining. They are a powerful tool or instrument that can inform and educate us, influence our ways of thinking and living, either positively or negatively. They can also unite us or divide us. But, overall, I believe that movies are made and shown to present what we do and what we think of ourselves, and what we are capable of as human beings. There's that word creativity. And artistry in the movie industry. Amazing, and unbelievable, what we can do!

I tend to believe that movies are prophetic and timeless. As I've observed, there's always that portion of any movie that I have watched so far that applies to everyday life. Whether that movie is sci-fi (science fiction), documentary, drama, comedy, action thriller, a cartoon or animation, there's always one general theme: Life. I don't know about you, folks and friends, but I tend to believe that movies, all movies for that matter, reflect our lives...who we are, what we are, what we can be, and will be. Heard of that statement, "Art imitating life; Life imitating art?"

I know. Movie-goers or people who have just seen or watched a movie/film have always something to say about what they've seen. That's always the case, I believe. In my case, here are some of my reactions to the movies I've seen or watched for the past two days: "Funny, hilarious, sad, tragic, inspiring, controversial but real, scandalous, meaningful, entertaining, challenging, thought-provoking, thoughtful, cheerful, uplifting, witty, very educational and informative, motivational, highly-recommended to those who care about their health and well-being; violent, bloody, explosive, adventurous, compelling..."

From the movies I've watched so far, these are just my thoughts...On my composition book, I've written the following: "Limit not your possibilities ,for a better life, for possibilities are out there and limitless. Explore these possibilities and you'll be better than you think or what you have at the present moment. Cheer up and Smile! God bless you!" (29Novv2012); "Stories are wrought in wars..." (02Dec2012); "This Advent season/ we're waiting for you to come/ Jesus, our Brother." (02Dec2012); "The moon is up there/ silver-white covered with clouds/ alone in the dark." (02Dec2012); "Though it may not be spoken so often, my love for you is beyond words." (04Dec2012); "I don't like tags/ And labels.../ They're disgusting/ And demeaning..!" (06Dec2012); "Observably, we love to get sick. Why? Because we love to take drugs and medications. And we're not getting well or better...Let's stop taking drugs/medications. They're not making us well but sick!" (07Dec2012); "We need education, not medication." (07Dec2012); "Take responsibility of your life and health; you are your best doctor." (07Dec2012); "To improve your life, consider the alternatives." (07Dec2012); "Nutritional therapy is overlooked, and underrated, in our patient care, treatment, and healing. But it is as important as medicinal/pharmaceutical/drug therapy. Come to think of it."(07Dec2012); "Let's eat good, nutritious, healthy food! Let's consider fresh, clean vegetables and fruits in our diet...If we have swing moods, let's get up and grab a fruit to nibble or eat." (07Dec2012); "The more I learn, and know, the more I am puzzled/confused about life..."(07Dec2012); "You can choose what you like and love because you're free, with rights. Be responsible and deal with it."(08Dec2012)

I know what you'd like to ask me now. What are the titles of the movies I've seen or watched so far? Well, I am sorry but I can't tell you right now, my dear folks and friends. Probably next time, who knows. But as of now, let your mind work or your imagination run wild, huh? In short, you just have to figure them out (based on some of the info above), okay?

Anyway, my dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 08December2012

No comments:

Post a Comment