Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

It's Wintertime, Already?

Good Friday, everyone! Brrr...its's chilly and cold, and windy, over here in the Northern Hemisphere! Other parts of US, like Iowa, have snowed already. Yes, it's undeniably wintertime, the coldest season of the year! It's time to wear those warm jackets and sweaters, mittens and gloves again! Are we anticipating a White Christmas in our area? Come what may, let's bundle up and keep warm, my dear folks and friends. But, wait a minute, to our friends in the Southern Hemisphere, it's their summertime, huh? Well, as long as we have Light, we're gonna be fine. Anyway, in all fairness, let's live life and try to enjoy it with all its seasons and changes, shall we? Thank you, Almighty God.

How are we doing these days? Busy as ever making a living, living life? Well, I do hope and pray that all is well as we hurdle one obstacle in life after another. We're glad and thankful that we're alive with our Faith still intact. Thank you, good and gracious God. And thank you, Jesus, for your coming once again into our lives this time. We're happy to welcome you into our hearts for you are Love. You're our Comfort and Joy, no doubt. You're our Hope for a better, safer world.

This morning, I woke up so early that I couldn't get back to sleep. While still in bed, I prayed my rosary, concentrating/meditating on the Sorrowful Mysteries. Then, I had an urgent call for restroom break. I continued praying (along with a video on YouTube) while using the restroom in our room. Back to our bedroom where my wife Freny is still in slumber, I started reading a couple of my favorite Catholic blogs,while listening to John Michael Talbot's liturgical songs. (In fact, as I continue writing this blog post, I'm listening to his music with gusto.) You see, from one of the blogs I just read, I learned something that inspired me to pray again for those victims and their families of the Connecticut school shooting. Also, I prayed for those volunteers there, specifically to these men of God like Reverend Fr. Luke Suarez and Monsignor Weiss of St. Rose of Lima parish in Newtown, CT. My dear folks and friends, please include them in your prayers, too, as they continue to help the grieving families and friends of the departed, and to find comfort and joy in their pastoral work this Christmas time or holiday season. And let's pray for all the travelers, too, as they long to be with their families and friends this holiday season. Thank you, my dear folks and friends. May God bless us all always!

As we anticipate the joyous celebration of Christmas, let's ponder on the following reading from the Bible, from St. John 3:16-21:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. He who believes in him is not condemned; he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does what is true comes to the light, that it may be clearly seen that his deeds have been wrought in God."

Well, this is all for now. Until next time around, my dear folks and friends. Take care and have a blessed day, everyone! Stay safe and have faith! May God bless us all, as always! Happy holidays! Merry Christmas and A Happy, Healthy New Year! Peace, my friends I give to you!-chris a. quilpa, 21Dec2012






No comments:

Post a Comment