Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What's for Dinner?

Good Wednesday, everyone! Hope you're doing well. I am, thanks to God.

Food, food, food...That's what I have in mind for this post. What do we have for dinner today, my dear folks and friends? Before I answer the question, let me recall what food did I prepare the past couple of days. (BTW, I'd like to learn to cook (from) other simple, easy-to-prepare recipes.)

Well, on Monday, we had baked fish, pork scallopini, and sauteed onion with beans, and steamed rice. I had a small glass of dry white wine, Vidal Blanc from Tomahawk Mill Winery, Chatam, VA. I bought this bottle of wine one Saturday morning while at a Community Market in D-ville. The wine was kinda sweet which matches, in my  taste, the baked pork scallopini and fish. For dessert, I had a handful of California Whole pitted dates and that Ghirardelli milk chocolate. I had a cup of green tea after my meal. Two hours before bedtime, I had a small glass of organic milk, while watching  my soap on YouTube. Now, since we have left-overs, we had the same for dinner on Tuesday.

Today, Wednesday, I prepared spaghetti with Italian sausage, and baked garlic bread all from the Commissary. (I went to buy some grocery this morning before lunchtime, or noontime. But prior to that, I already have thawed that one pack of hot Italian sausage. I also bought some ingredients for this rice cake recipe that I've planned to bake. I was looking for pomegranate, but they don't have it there at the Commissary.)

After cooking, as usual, I ate my "early" dinner. I said early because it wasn't 5 pm yet when I finished cooking. Except that glutinous rice cake which is almost done. (BTW, the recipe for this came from my brod-in-law Dennis in California. Thank you, Manong Dennis! And Manang Betty! Hope and pray you're doing well, with grandkids Apollo and/or Mara.) Oppps...I forgot to buy that vanilla extract! Well, it's okay, I guess. As long as I have the main ingredients: a small bag of that glutinous rice flour from Thailand, three cups of fresh milk (but I used organic milk, though), three large eggs, 2 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, 1/2 table spoon of baking powder, one stick of unsalted butter. While pre-heating the oven set at 350 degrees, melt the butter on the baking pan. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl, then transfer the whole thing on that baking pan. Cooking time is one hour.)  It's still in the oven when I started eating dinner.

What else did I have for dinner, in addition to the above? I had a small glass of inexpensive ZAZO's Moscato Mediterranean Wine Spritzer (Sweet little wine, with hints of citrus), All Natural  (Product of Spain). I could have a red wine but this one I just mentioned went well with my spaghetti. As for dessert? But of course that homemade glutinous rice cake I just baked. With a cup of hot green tea. Thank you, gracious God.

That's all for dinner, my dear folks and friends. I do hope you have a wonderful day. Until next time around. Thanks for reading this post and my other blog posts. As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 05December2012




No comments:

Post a Comment