Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Thoughtful and Prayerful Tuesday (with a Poem)

Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone! (Hope I covered all bases here.) How are we all doing today, my dear folks and friends in the digital world? Doing well, huh? That's good to know. I'm okay, by the way. Thank you, Almighty God. And thank you, Jesus, my inspiration and hope. And also thank you, my dear folks and friends, for your time with me today.

I was still in bed, this morning, when my cell phone rang. I thought it was my wife Freny, who already left for school-work this morning before seven. I thought she called me to remind me something or for whatever reason/s. As soon as I said, "Hello" I found out it was my sister Betty from California. Bad, sad news. She informed me that our niece Cora's husband, Avelino or JR, in the Philippines, passed away today. Silence followed. Then we continued our conversation. I told my sister to let me know what we siblings here in the States decide to do to help (financially) the bereaved family. She assured me to call back as soon as she has contacted/talked to our other siblings. After a few hours, I went to Facebook and there I read the news from one of our other nieces posting a sort of an announcement or note of condolence and sympathy for her cousin and our niece Cora. Before I go on, I thank you, Facebook, for being there, truly an instrument of interconnections for us folks and friends all over the world. Thank you,thank you, Facebook! And thank you, Google and Blogger, too.

On my Facebook page, I also posted this note this morning: "Our thoughts and prayers to our niece Corazon, and her daughter, and the Padre family for the sudden, unexpected death of Avelino. May the soul of the departed, Avelino, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen." Immediately after posting it, another niece of mine "Like" it. I don't know at this time if other members of our family and friends worldwide have read my note, too, as of this time that I'm still writing this blog post (@1554). Ah, life...so fragile and short, and fleeting! Moments of contemplation about our mortality...I know, we'll all be there when our time comes, too. And we'll all be together again...someday, in another world where there is everlasting peace, with our Maker. To our niece Cora, just hang in there. May you find/have the comfort and strength and courage and, hope to hold/carry on...Life, as we know it, is a journey, a battle, a series of ups and downs. After the rain and clouds, the sun shines brightly again. That's our life. So hang in there, Cora. hang in there, while you're in grief and mourning. We're one with you. We continue to pray for you and your family.

On the other hand, as we all know, today, Tuesday, is the start of the Papal Conclave in the Vatican City, Rome, Italy where there's much anticipation for the election of a new pope since the resignation of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI last month. As I write this post, I'm also monitoring the latest news from Rome. Just a few minutes ago, we learned that black smoke appeared up on the chimney at the Sistine Chapel of St. Peter's Basilica. This indicates that the 115 cardinals have cast their first ballot but there's not two thirds of the votes (or 77 votes) was unanimously garnered by a particular cardinal chosen to become the new pope. The 115 cardinals, therefore, will continue with the second or third or fourth balloting rounds, if necessary, til they come up with 77 votes for that cardinal. If we see white smoke coming out from the rooftop of the Sistine Chapel that means that we have a new Holy Father elected who will lead the  about 1.2 billion Catholics worldwide. So, let's standby and wait...Hopefully by Thursday or sooner, we'll have a new Supreme Pontiff, succeeding Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI (formerly Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger) who stepped down 28 February 2013 due to poor health and old age, per news reports.

Our thoughts and prayers, too, go to our cardinals who, at this very moment in time, are in the exhaustive process in s/electing the next new Supreme Leader of The Catholic Church. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we hope that in the days to come, we have a new Bishop of Rome, the overall head of the Holy See, the next successor of St. Peter.

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Take care and have a peaceful day! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 12 March 2013

P.S.
Carried away by a feeling of sadness today, with the sudden demise of my dear niece Corazon's hubby, JR, here's a poem that I just penned today. The title is When a 'Loved One Dies...

When a 'Loved One Dies

When a 'loved one dies
there is pain and agony
there is sadness and sorrow
there is grief and mourning...

When a 'loved one dies
darkness prevails for a while
before a ray of light shines through
a cloudy, tainted mind.

When a 'loved one dies
there is insecurity and uncertainty
\there is anxiety and animosity
there is numbness and restlessness.

When a 'loved one dies
words of comfort flow
prayers of sympathy overflow
acts of love and charity abound.

(c)2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment