Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2013

Sunday Visit, After Church, to Buckroe Beach (with Photos)

Good Sunday, everyone! (Today is the fourth Sunday of Lent, as we know it.) Well, it's almost midnight as I start writing this blog post. Anyway, I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, my dear folks and friends in the digital, wired world.

After Sunday Mass, my wife Freny and I and sis-in-law Rose visited our friend Myrna who's recovering after her knee surgery a week or two ago. Her hubby Mike, who was there in the church, was already home when we arrived at their place. He was busy in their kitchen. While he was busy in the kitchen, Freny and I were "administering" communion to Myrna in their living/family room. But first, I did read today's Scripture/Gospel passages for Myrna while Freny and Rose were listening. I summarized the thought/theme of today's readings---that of forgiveness---because of it spoke about the parable of the Prodigal Son (from Luke 15:1-3). Before and after Freny administered Myrna the communion, host (the consecrated Body of Christ), I read the Prayers Before and After Communion from my St. Joseph Sunday Missal (Prayerbook and Hymnal for 2013), published by Catholic Book Publishing Corp., New Jersey, USA.

Btw, I thank Mike and Myrna for treating us a hearty "brunch." We enjoyed the food they served us, and we shared one another our faith and friendship. We had a nice conversation about current issues, like the forthcoming election of a new pope, etc. (I pray and would like to see the energetic, bubbly, and charismatic Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York and currently president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, to be elected the new pope or Bishop of Rome. That would be awesome. I bet he would make a big difference in revitalizing and re-structuring The Catholic Church! That's just my wishful thinking, my dear folks and friends.)

From Mike and Myrna's, Freny and I drove Rose to her part-time job. Then, the two of us decided to go to a store where we bought Sunday's newspaper, goodies, munchies, and some bottles of red wine from countries such as France, Italy and Australia. I don't know about you, folks and friends, but I love tasting wines from other countries.

Since today is such a cool day, beautiful Sunday, with milder temperature, springtime, so to speak, (and observing Daylight Saving Time, that is, setting or springing our clock one hour forward), I've got this idea of visiting the oceanfront or that beach in Hampton, Buckroe Beach. That's what Freny and I did, while still in our church clothes. (Initially, I thought of going home first and change clothes. But Freny insisted we should go already in our church attire. So we did!)

It's been a while since we visited Buckroe Beach. Months or a year, maybe, since we last visited this beautiful, pristine beach that meets Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. Though it's sunny bright Sunday, but a little cold and breezy, a number of people, like us, were at the beach today. We saw some families in the playground and on the seashore enjoying the day. We saw bikers and strollers with their pet dogs, too. Such a lovely Sunday! But, of course, we didn't just enjoyed the seashore walk but we also took pictures to capture the moment while there. (See and enjoy the photos below. And thanks for your time and efforts.)

From Hampton, we decided to have early dinner at a franchised restaurant where we had that Grinder sandwich? I liked it, though, especially when the bread is toasted. From there to home sweet home. (I had a terrible headache on the way home. I don't know why. Tired, maybe? Anyway, as soon as we got back home, and after changing clothes, I rested in bed, took a nap. Thank God, my headache was gone!)

Well, it's past midnight now, my dear folks and friends. hence, I better sign off now. Until next time around. Take care and have a nice day, everyone. As always, I pray, "may God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 10 March 2013.
















































                                          Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment