Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

Meatless, Musical, Sunny but Cool Friday

Good Friday, today, my dear folks and friends! Although the sun has been shining, with blue, clear skies, it's still cold and chilly in our region and other parts of the US. That's the weather condition right now here in Hampton Roads. Btw, I saw the (lonely) moon up there, alone, this afternoon, taking the time to let her soft white light dominate the night. Will it be a quiet, silent night, in our region, while the rest of humanity are awake, busy making life/love, and/or having a good time? I guess so. So be it...Let the world turn. Thank God, we're alive and well.

So, what's to talk about, my dear folks and friends, as we continue our journey this season of Lent? Let's find out. As a Catholic Christian (trying to be a good follower of our Lord Jesus Christ), I have to remind myself that it's Friday today. That means I have to abstain from eating meat? No problem. We know that there other things to nourish our body and mind, and soul. Yeah, it's good that we have choices available to us. We're thankful and fortunate for the blessings that our Almighty Father has provided us. Thank you, good and gracious God.

We've just finished our dinner. We had steamed rice with stir fry mixed vegetables (green pepper, broccoli, and asparagus) with extra virgin olive oil. In addition, I had cup-o-noodle soup, too.  don't know why but I feel like eating this one for I haven't eaten this kind of noodle soup for months.) Anyway, for dessert, I ate one Haas avocado, sans sugar nor milk. Freny and her sister Rose ate theirs with organic milk. No red wine nor alcohol today. Just plain (bottled) water. That's it. Thank God for everything!

For the past couple of days, my chronic bad back pain has been acting up again. What can I do but to manage it in such a way that it doesn't affect my sanity and sensibility. I stay in bed, rest and relax, pray, listen to music and NPR, read a little bit, watch TV, videos on YouTube, cook simple dish, go out, just like yesterday, even if the weather was cold and chilly, drizzly, gray and dreary, with snow flurries that didn't stick to the ground. I take my meds, apply this Lidoderm patch on my back. And I do stay positive, you know.
 As I continue with this blog post, I'm listening to a medley of songs of this once popular Filipino crooner, aka Jukebox King, back in the 70s, a video on YouTube, uploaded/published by a certain YouTuber by the name of MrRaymem? Thanks, MrReymem, for uploading this music video of Victor Wood. Well, here's sharing with you what I'm listening...oldies but goodies music from Mr. Wood, courtesy of YouTube. Thank you. Now, I'm about to watch/listen tonight to PBS's From Dust to Dreams, a musical presentation from among selected singers, musicians, performers, like Award winner and American Idol alum Jennifer Hudson.

This is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Take care and Have a wonderful day/night, everyone! As usual, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 22 Mar 2013










No comments:

Post a Comment