Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Flurries, Bills, Taxes

Good Thursday, my folks and friends near or far! How are we all doing today? Struggling? Busy? Loafing? Relaxing? Resting? Taking a nap, after a hectic schedule? Doing great? Not feeling good? Et cetera...Well, whatever your state of condition or status is, I wish you all the best.

What a day today, Thursday, the second day of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere! It's kinda winter weather still over Hampton Roads...cold, chilly, and cloudy, and snowy? That's right! Snow flurries fell in our region, for a few minutes this morning! It didn't last long, though. Snow showers or flurries (like thin, shaved ice) melted down or didn't stick that much on the ground, turned to liquid water, eventually. Crazy weather, huh? Nothing we can do for we're at the mercy of Mother Nature. Such is life, as other people say. I second the motion.

As the sun was playing hide and seek today, I made up my mind to go out. To the bank that financed my oldie but goodie Avalon. That's right. I went to my bank today and paid off the last remaining balance on the car that's still reliable and dependable, I believe. Anyway, I'm looking forward to our car title in the mail, in a week or two, I was told by Julie, the bank's representative who dealt with me this morning. Thus, another one car down, finally. (Our van 2008 Sienna was already fully paid since lat year. Thank God.) Two more cars (Corollas) to go, the ones we gifted to our kids on their college graduation. Hopefully and eventually, we're done with these car payments and other major (house) bills. (I'm hopefully looking forward to have paid off our two houses, one rental and the other residential, in three-four year period. That would be great!) And, I'm just wishing to have utility bills to pay for the rest of my life, in the end. That's it. That's the plan, man! I would have loved to have no more bills to pay anymore, especially when I'm already retired. But that's not gonna happen because I know, and we all know, that for as long as we live we have bills and taxes to pay. That's reality.

Speaking of taxes, we haven't had our 2012 tax returns done, my dear folks and friends. It's kinda late this year. I mean our filing of our joint tax returns for 2012. FYI: Deadline to file income taxes in the United States is April 15, 2013. But, hopefully, we'll be done by that time. (I make sure of that.) I've not contacted our tax preparer, in another city, but we'll do that sometime before the end of March. As of now, I've been gathering/arranging/preparing all the paperwork or necessary documents in the filing of our tax returns so that they'll be all ready for our tax preparer who has been doing ours for the past ten years now? Hopefully, we'll get/receive a refund, like last year and previous years. Btw, I used to do file our tax returns (both for federal and state) by myself. But when it got complicated because of our having a rental house, that's managed by a realty management company, my wife Freny and I just let a certified tax preparer do it for us, with service fees, of course. That's it.

Anyway, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Take care and Have a peaceful day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa
Post Script:
Here are the photos I took when I left the house this morning. There's snow showers/flurries on the second day of Spring! What a change of weather condition we have in our region!










                                           Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment