Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's Springtime, Finally! 'Bye, Winter!

Ladies and gentlemen, let's welcome Spring! Let's enjoy the sights and sounds of Springtime! I'm excited with the arrival of Spring! Hope you are, too, my dear folks and friends. Yes, Spring is here, finally! Bye, bye, winter! See you next year, again, maybe? 

When the sun is up 
and the sky is clear
there is warmth all over
there is no more fear...

There goes the first four lines of my old poem, "The Glowing Spring," that was a part of my "column" article "Poetic Thoughts to Welcome Spring," that appeared in our local community paper, Suffolk News-Herald in its Opinion page, on April 3, 2008. Likewise, the poem was published in www.iluko.com the same year.

Good Wednesday, everyone! How are we all doing this first day of spring? Getting excited and can't wait to be outside and enjoy the beautiful, gorgeous weather with loved ones? I am! Can't you tell, my dear folks and friends? I'm ready to take a stroll around the neighborhood, despite a lingering chronic bad back. The cold winter weather made it unbearable, at times, you k now. But, I say now, bye dreary, shady winter! See you next year again! As you very well know, we've got a taste of snowy (stormy) weather a couple of times for the past cold, chilly, windy months. But compared to other places in the nation, we did good. (At this very moment, I feel bad for those areas in New England, like Maine, that are currently undergoing snowy, stormy weather at this time this blog post is being written. I hope and pray that the New Englanders are doing well and that they're hopeful that things will get better in the days ahead. Keep your chin and head up, guys! Soon, snow will be over and you'll see the signs of spring in your area, too. After all the things you've gone through, there's always the sun up there, and life will bloom with beauty and wonder again.)

Yes, today, Spring has finally arrived in our region, Hampton Roads! The sun came out glowing under a clear blue sky, with mild temperature in  high mid-fifties. Yeah, it's beautiful outside! I feel inspired and motivated to re-live my life, to appreciate and enjoy life-nature and other God's creation. Thank you, Almighty God for my life, faith, family, folks, and friends here and there., everywhere...Thank you for all your bountiful blessings to us all!

Now, my dear folks and friends, I'd like to share with you the rest of my poem that I posted here on my blogpost in past years. That is, if you won't mind. Thank you. And I do hope you like it, with its simplicity and sincerity. Here is the continuation of my poem...

As the land turns green
our vision's keen
and everyone gets excited
to be out and moving
singing and dancing
for the arrival of Spring!

While the sea is inviting
to beach-lovers cavorting
we hear melodious sounds of Spring
welcoming the renewal and revival
of living and loving...

In sunny, glowing Spring
we see flowers blooming
leaves of trees sprouting
birds of varied colors chirping and singing
butterflies fluttering
while busy bees buzzing, humming
life...so wonderful in Spring!

(c) 2008 by Chris A. Quilpa

There you have it, my dear folks and friends far or near. Let's welcome Spring with a renewed spirit of hope and faith. And let's smile away or shout with joy as we commemorate the forthcoming Easter with the passion and death, and resurrection of our risen Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, as He brings hope and inspiration, and invigorates our life of faith again.
Btw, I thank YouTube and the "YouTubers" or uploaders of the videos  I embedded with this post. No copyright infringement intended. And a big Thank you to Blogger and Google, and Facebook, too.
Before I sign off, and take a walk outside (because the weather is inviting and irresistible at this moment, and it feels invigorating and healthy to me, I'd like to say this, in advance, to all of our students and teachers: Enjoy your spring break, guys! Have a good time. Have fun but be safe!

Well, this is all for now. Until next time around, my dear folks and friends. Take care and Have a wonderful Springtime! Enjoy the sights and sounds of the season! May God bless us all...Always!-chris a. quilpa, 20 Mar 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment