Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Another (New) Chapter in Life

Thank God, It's Friday! TGIF, as they say! Glad and thankful to be alive and well!

The morning after I turned sixty, I have no clue what to do but to thank God that I'm alive, and doing well, I believe. Today is another day, the beginning of another chapter in my so-called wonderful life! Oh, to be sixty feels like a child wanting to know and learn more, curious and yet cautious...Though we've grown through the years, with life's challenges and changes, ups and downs, we remain committed to move on, go on living, with our Faith, family, folks, and friends near or far, for as long as we can, and try to make a difference in others' lives, in various ways and capacities. Yes, I try to continue to stay active and positive (and optimistic) while living in/with pain due to my physical disability. I have already accepted my condition and there's nothing that I can do but live it and try to manage it, with less discomfort as possible. With my Faith, I hope and pray to be good always to do His will.

Yesterday is done and gone, and all I can say is I had a good time enjoying, savoring life while dining out at Red Lobster with my loving wife Freny and special friends like Mike and Myrna, and their granddaughter Baby Emily. My two amazing young adult children, Andrew and Tintin, and sis-in-law Rose were not able to join us because of their schedule at work. Anyway, so glad and grateful I was that Freny took a day off from her school-work yesterday so she could be with me to celebrate my 60th. I can't thank you enough, Mama. You're such an amazing, caring woman and mother to our two children. Thank you for your love, and for what you've done and continue to do for our family. And, thank you for your company. Btw, to all my family members, folks, relatives and friends near or far, who greeted me and wished me Happy Birthday yesterday, via Facebook, I sincerely thank you all. Thank you for my presents, too. You, guys, made my day yesterday a special one. I can't thank you enough, you know. May God bless and keep us all safe from harm!

Life is like a book, with its chapters. As we browse and read each chapter, we learn something. As we move on to another chapter, we learn something new, while at the same time we stumble or come across something that either affects us, positively or negatively, or gives us an insight to ponder and consider at as we continue living. Our life is an unfinished book, for as long as we're alive and doing well. The book is closed when we're done, and chapters discontinued. For as long as we're living, chapters continue to be read, written and wrought.

So, as I open a new chapter of my life, I continue to do what I have to do: to live in the present moment well and try to enjoy life with others, sharing what I have and what I can do to make life bearable and worth-living. I try to continue sharing my thoughts, via Blogger, and doing something that makes me alive and healthy, happy, and engaging. I try to continue to get involve in my church, do the best I can to help, in various ways, and make life-world better. That's all, trying to live simply each moment, each day.

Well, my dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Until next time around. Thank you for keeping me company. Take care and have a wonderful weekend, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us and keep us all safe from harm!"-chris a. quilpa, 31 May 2013    




No comments:

Post a Comment