Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend with Andrew and Tech Upgrade

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday to all of us! How are we doing so far on this Memorial Day weekend? Hope you're enjoying it.

So glad and thankful I am to see my young adult son, Andrew, home again. He has been home since early Saturday morning for the three-day Memorial Day weekend. He has seen some of his friends in the Hampton Roads area since yesterday. (I learned from him last night when he arrived home that they had a great time at Va Beach.) I believe I mentioned this in my blog post yesterday when my wife Freny and I were at Automotive Dealership and Service Center. Anyway, thank God that we're alive and doing well. On the other hand, I would love to see or have our young adult daughter Tintin home, too, so we'll all be together as a family again, but she can't make it. She has a commitment, I learned. Well, what I can say but such is life. She has to do what she needs to do, you know.

This Sunday morning, we attended/participated in the 9:30 Mass at St. Paul's Catholic Church with our pastor, Rev. Fr. David, the celebrant. Freny and I participated in the Holy Communion  rite as volunteer Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, assigned to do Cups 3 and 4, administering the consecrated wine (Blood of Christ) to our fellow parishioners.

After Mass, we had lunch at a Chinese restaurant in Portsmouth. We were their diner-customers, you know. At first we thought they weren't open yet. But they were already. (See the embedded photos.) We missed Tintin, but what can we do. She's in D-ville. And we're in Hampton Roads.








Well, our plan after lunch was to go to T-mobile office but they weren't open yet 'til 1:00 pm. So, we had less than an hour to kill time. What we did was we went to a store near T-mobile's to just buy whatever that fascinates us, merchandise items that are bargain, sort of.

Then, we found our way to T-mobile. Purpose? To do some upgrading of our electronic gadgets and family plan coverage. I know, Andrew has been bugging us for some time now about upgrading our cell phones to a more complicated gadget that has this and that features, etc. That means Freny and I have had to do a lot of playing and learning with our new "toys." As you know, guys, we belong to the old school of thought, the so-called "baby boomers." Yes, I do admit we're technologically inadequate, not savvy yet. But we're learning something new everyday. I admit, I'm a slow learner with new technology but I'm hanging in there and not giving up, for as long as we're alive and doing well. While at T-mobile's, I let my camera on for a couple of shots taken. So, here they are, my dear folks and friends. See for yourself what my old digital camera has taken. Sales representative Andre' here, as you can see, is busy doing his customer service, helping us get upgraded...technologically?













He's been accommodating so far, answering whatever questions we have. I'm very much aware that upgrading of our phones to a smarter? ones does cost us money, and extra effort/s on our part, learning our new "toys."











Well, my dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Until next time around. Thank you for your time reading this blog post of mine. (I have to check out my new gadget and I think it need to be charged. Talk to you later.) Take care care and have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 26 May 2013

Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa



No comments:

Post a Comment