Search This Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Back to 757 from D-ville with Recurring Chronic Lower Back Pain

Hi, everyone! Good day, folks and friends! Hope you're doing well. Sorry to let you know that I'm not. :(

At the outset, I must confess I'm not feeling well because of my chronic lower back pain that has been recurring for days; but thank God, we're alive! Living in the present moment well, even if I have this uncomfortable and sort of unbearable lower spine/back pain, is all that matters now for me. I know that suffering is a part of life.

Now, after an unplanned and unexpected 2 1/2 days and 2 nights in D-ville, visiting our young adult daughter Tintin, my wife Freny and I are back to 757. In fact, we arrived exhausted and tired, but safely, before midnight last night, after less than four hours on the road. As usual, Freny did the driving flawlessly, with one rest stop (for "pee or pit" break). On my part, it (the road trip/travel back home) was so uncomfortably agonizing because of my chronic lower spine/back pain that contributed to my early and unexpected retirement and permanent disability.

Flasback: When we left 757, I was upbeat and feeling good, in high spirit and kind of excited to be there in D-ville again to see Tintin. But, then, I was feeling tired and uncomfortable when we arrived in our hotel room in D-ville that Monday afternoon. Nevertheless, I managed it (my chronic lower back pain) with my prescribed medication  and rest. I don't know, this time, that it occurred again unexpectedly unlike our previous visits or road trips to D-ville or to The Capital (where our young adult son Andrew works). As everybody else, especially to us with physical disability, I have good days and bad. But I try my best to stay positive and optimistic, even if I'm suffering inside. With my faith and prayer, I continue to try to live in the present moment well. Thank you, Jesus! Mine is minute compared to what you've been through. There's life in pain; there's pain in life. Yes, I know.
So far, I'm on my prescribed pain medication and resting in bed, as I continue writing this blog post, while at the same time listening to new songs of American Idol season 11 runner up Jessica Sanchez like the video above, via YouTube. (I just found it out today, while on the Internet. She performed her new songs at YouTube Space LA, and uploaded by InterscopeGeffenAM, 29 April. I intend to buy a copy of her maiden album Me, You & the Music that was just released two days ago, on April 30. I wish her all the best in her musical career. She's one of the new recording artists that I like listening to these days. She has that powerful voice that can make her a diva someday. Btw, I look forward to watching her performance in Glee on Fox channel, essaying the role of a sophomore student Frida Romero?) Disclaimer: I don't own the video embedded here in my blog post. No copyright infringement intended. It's from YouTube. Thank you, YouTube and the uploader.

Right now, I'm observing myself and my condition. If I get worse, I have no choice but to go to the hospital. Btw, Freny just called me an hour ago to see how am I doing. I told her the degree of my lower spine/back pain is the same or unchanged, but manageable at this time. We'll see how it goes until the end of day, my dear folks and friends. As I've mentioned, hospital visit is a possibility for me if my condition won't change at all.

This is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around and thanks for keeping me company. Take care and have a nice day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chirs a. quilpa, 02 May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment